Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Roadster Bag, Anyone?
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Saturday, 7 July, 2012, at 1:16:16 pm
Thanx to someone here, I was able to score a used but in like-new condition, leather bag from Ebay for the Blue Box. Apparently, these are as scarce as hens' teeth, and Porsche wants an arm and a leg for them, if you can find one. I did a search a few weeks back and found none available anywhere.

Having said that, I live not far from an Amish community, whose artisans are pretty good about reverse-engineering things. If there is sufficient interest here and the other boards, I will take mine to them and see what they will charge to make the bag. Am also guessing that they might be able to make them in additional colors, although they may charge a bit extra for dyeing them in anything other than Amish black.

According to one poster here, Porsche wants $160 + shipping from Europe. Although I can't give you a price right now, am guessing it would <$80 + shipping.

Who has an interest in getting one, and if so, what color would you like it in?

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Re: Roadster Bag, Anyone?
Al in Melbourne Beach - Sunday, 8 July, 2012, at 10:13:02 pm
Glad you found one Kevin. I have a friend here who really liked mine and wanted one. I'll check with her to see if she's still interested.

Al
savinor - Thursday, 12 July, 2012, at 2:09:58 pm
I'm interested.
Please let me know when they are available.
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Thursday, 12 July, 2012, at 7:44:46 pm
I have only gotten 2-responses, probably because of my high priced guess. For all I know, the Amish might be able to do it for <$20. Considering how useful the bag has become for me after only one week of use, am surprised more guys don't want them.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Kevin, I'm interested...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 13 July, 2012, at 10:02:32 am
... if we need a minimum order, depending on the final cost an the quality, Technolab can make the purchase and then sell it through the website.
Feel free to contact me directly so we can work it out. Pedro@PedrosGarage.com or 954.385.0330.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
....I sure don't want either an orange one, or a black one with orange piping and lettering grinning smiley winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2012 01:12PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Re: Kevin, I'm interested...
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Friday, 13 July, 2012, at 9:24:29 pm

You can get a pretty sweet backpack for less than $80.

That's what I was thinking. Some girls have small backpacks w/ long straps that hang down to just above their butts. If the straps could be easily connnected and unconnected, they would work quite nicely.

I will make contact w/ an Amishman tomorrow who works w/ leather.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2012 09:26PM by KevinR-MedinaOhio. (view changes)
It is just a small backpack, nothing custom about it
Boxsterra - Friday, 13 July, 2012, at 7:21:30 pm
You can see in the pictures that the shoulder straps just loop around the roll bar. That doesn't require any special attachments. You can get a pretty sweet backpack for less than $80.
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Tuesday, 17 July, 2012, at 10:47:51 am
No Joy with the Amish. The guy I talked to works with tack, not fine leather handbags. AND, he is not step for mass production.

My next stop will be to an area holster manufacturer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login