Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Tires on new Boxsters
Sayle - Saturday, 27 August, 2011, at 4:20:22 pm
I'm looking at a new 2012 Boxster that has Good Year Eagle F1 tires on it. My previous two Boxsters had Michelin Pilots that were great tires. Anyone have any experience with this model Good Year tire? Thanks for your input.
Good Year is now ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 27 August, 2011, at 4:41:03 pm
... once again an official supplier to Porsche.
For 2011 and 2012 the Good Year F1 comes as an N0 and is OEM on the Cayman R, Cayman S, Cayman, Boxster S and Boxster.
UTQG: 240 AA A.
It's less expensive than the Michelin Pilot Sport (PS2) (UTQG: 220 AA A) and the Pirelli PZero (UTQG: 220 AA A) and about the same price as the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (UTQG: 140 A A).
Should be a good tire.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
If these are the F1 Asymetrical tires..
MikenOH - Sunday, 28 August, 2011, at 8:54:54 pm
I can say that after running them for 3 years they are very close to the equivalent of the PS2 tire for:

-Ride quality
-Dry/wet weather traction (actually better than the PS2-amazing in the wet at full tread)
-Noise levels
-Tread life (15K on rears, 20k+ on fronts)

The only downside I can think of is that they will flat spot if you don;t drive them for a few days, but that will clear up as they warm up.

Having said all that, it my understanding they were being replaced with a newer version--with I think a slightly different designation-- which was reportedly on the same level as the new Michelin SS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2011 08:56PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
using this brand on its Cayennes for a while. I hear -- second hand from the service manager -- good things regarding the tire but how they will fare on the Porsche sports cars I do not know.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
2007 vintage F1's on sale at Tire Rack right now for $80 YMMV
dghii - Wednesday, 31 August, 2011, at 11:41:02 pm
Not all sizes are available. The front 17's were available for my car but not the rear.

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login