Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hey gents, glad to be back on the forum and looking for a Cayman/Boxster/911 - confused well of course I am who wouldn't be when you are looking at three great models. I started looking back in March of 2010 but in April my dad had a stroke and subsequently passed away in June so looking for cars hasn't been top of mind for me. Spent 3 months in Greece where dad lived and spent time with my mother to ensure she would be OK. Tough times and puts everything into perspective. While there I had an opportunity to drive my brothers 911 and I must say its sweet but having said that I truly did miss my 06 Boxster S as I found the handling to be more civilized on the Boxster over the 911. In any case, I am now starting to look again but now trying to determine what I want more but I must say I have been leaning on a 09/10 Cayman S these days and started to look at dealers in the US again trying to find the right car: color and option match while hoping the Cdn dollars continues its appreciation versus the US dollar. In any case, if I find the right car it wont matter I will simply it but not before tormenting the dealer to the point that he/she maybe writing me a cheque just to take the car smiling smiley ....All kidding aside I will be hard pressed finding a new P-Car as clean as my old one which I miss very much...in time I am sure one will rear its beautiful body and I wont think twice. Glad to be a lurker for now and I hope in time I can be a participant ... I promise to keep everyone abreast of my negotiations and drama as they unravel ....! Keep well everyone, Cheers, Abe
Sorry for you loss Abe. I am sure your family and especially your Mother appreciated your being there. Welcome back and best of luck with your search!
Someone make some popcorn!
986rgt - Monday, 14 February, 2011, at 8:01:16 pm
Joking aside, welcome back Abe, and sorry to hear of you and your family's loss.

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Sorry to hear of you loss, Abe. I lost my mom in August, so know what you're going through.

Good luck with you search.

Glad I bought those stocks in Orville Redenbacher last week. I should be able to retire soon with your impending adventures in Porsches. grinning smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Thanks everyone its great to be back....I will keep all informed of my travels ....Guenter- sorry for your loss of your mother !! Keep well, Abe
My sincere condolences on the loss of your father, Abe. Great that you were able to spend a good amount of time with your mother.

I'm going on a diet for two weeks so that I can gorge on popcorn while following what is sure to be a rip-roaring tale of pursuit of the ultimate deal!!!grinning smiley

Don't spare any details, please!

Regards, Maurice.
Thanks Maurice....you see when you grow up working class and you know the meaning of what it takes to make an "honest" buck you can appreciate looking for a good deal and the right car. For me the Porsche is a true luxury and as a Canadian whom are used to getting fleeced up here for almost everything and then seeing comparables in the US its almost eye opening not to mention the choice of autos available. These issues make it all that harder to determine what car to buy and at what price because there is so many to choose and all at different price points. I think this has much to do with my own confusion than my personal quest to find the best deal! Nonetheless, get the popcorn ready because after I am through with the dealers in the US they are gonna be happy to give me the car in the end!hot smiley
Abe Evrens
Thanks Maurice....you see when you grow up working class and you know the meaning of what it takes to make an "honest" buck you can appreciate looking for a good deal and the right car. For me the Porsche is a true luxury and as a Canadian whom are used to getting fleeced up here for almost everything and then seeing comparables in the US its almost eye opening not to mention the choice of autos available. These issues make it all that harder to determine what car to buy and at what price because there is so many to choose and all at different price points. I think this has much to do with my own confusion than my personal quest to find the best deal! Nonetheless, get the popcorn ready because after I am through with the dealers in the US they are gonna be happy to give me the car in the end!hot smiley

We definitely see things the same way regarding what it takes to make an "honest" buck.

I also remember the detailed explanation you shared with us regarding how to import a car into Canada. I'm sure you helped a number of PPBBer's in that situation, and it made for very good educational reading. drinking smiley

I have no doubt whatsoever regarding the fate of those U.S. dealers! cool smiley

As I said, please don't spare any details!

Regards, Maurice.
Sorry about your loss, Abe. It's tough all we all have, or sadly will, experience it.

A red alert has just been sent to the USA Porsche selling community that you're back in the game.

They can't wait to have fun with you smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login