Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
You can spray it right on the car and wipe it off with a microfiber towel. Yesterday, I saw my neighbor "cleaning" his black BMW by spraying something directly on to the car without removing any loose particles first. He'd spray and wipe it right off. I went over to suggest he use a California Duster before doing so to avoid scratching the clear coat. He told me that he was using Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. I must say, when I looked at what he had already done, there wasn't a single scratch/swirl in the paint, and we are in full pollen season here in DC. All cars are yellowish green at the moment.

I'm not affiliated with this product, but before forking over $40 for a gallon, I was wondering if others have heard of it or tried it. The Internet makes it sound space-aged with advanced ploymers. I usually ingnore such remarks, but am just wondering. Think it would be great in the winter, too, since my hose tends to freeze.
I got some ONR after I got my '01 S in June 2009.

Works well. I got the 2 quart size? still have about 1/2 left. I only use 1-2oz per time, and it works well. I have a black S. I don't use it as a detailer, although there are directions on how to mix it. I think it's 1oz to 8oz water for detailer. I use the 1-2 oz in a bucket with about 2 gallons of water. MF washmitt and the MF dry.

I don't drive much in the rain, and 99% of the time on asphalt, so the car doesn't get very dirty... just bugs really.

For detailer, I like the Meguairs ultimate quick detailer, or something like that..

P
I've tried a few waterless car washes
Boxsterra - Saturday, 16 April, 2011, at 12:12:36 am
The one I like the best is Dri Wash. I haven't tried ONR. The biggest problem with Dri Wash is that when the paint is really hot it doesn't work as well. It's also harder to wipe off when it gets cold (under about 45 degrees).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login