Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Joined the 100k club today!
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Wednesday, 27 April, 2011, at 8:33:49 pm
No fancy numerology ala Pedro, but captured the moment just the same. 1999 with original engine, clutch and seals. I have replaced a failed AOS, Water Pump, Coolant tank and performed routine maintenance. I've always used Mobil 1 and up until 75k did oil changes at 15k intervals, since then I have bumped it up to 7.5k. Looking forward to the next 100,000! smileys with beer

Re: Joined the 100k club today!
jwdbox - Wednesday, 27 April, 2011, at 9:10:26 pm
Congrats! May you have permagrin for the next 100kgrinning smiley Speaking of maintenance,winking smiley is your windshield wiper fluid low? cool smiley
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Wednesday, 27 April, 2011, at 9:43:18 pm
jwdbox
Speaking of maintenance,winking smiley is your windshield wiper fluid low? cool smiley

I've NEVER used the Litronics washer system and while driving down the freeway I accidentally engaged it, spraying my newly washed car in the process. I must have caused a hose to pop off and now the fluid runs straight to the ground. Someday I'll pull off the fender liner and/or trunk liner and track down the leak. Until then I see a small circle of black tape in my future. smiling smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 27 April, 2011, at 10:42:24 pm
Sounds like you've used your headlight washer system as often as I have. Tried it once and decided that it would do well as a quicky car wash. grinning smiley I think the wheels and bottom of the bumpers where the only parts not sprayed.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
bgale (Montrose,CO) - Thursday, 28 April, 2011, at 11:59:54 am
Mine did a great job on the windscreen and the car following megrinning smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 27 April, 2011, at 10:39:03 pm
Congratulations, Bob! Maybe the next 100k miles continue to be filled with Permagrin. smileys with beer
excellent! *NM*
Trygve (San Francisco, CA) - Wednesday, 27 April, 2011, at 11:57:43 pm
Congrats, but...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 28 April, 2011, at 8:38:57 am
... why did it take you so long? winking smiley
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Congrats, but...
db997S - Thursday, 28 April, 2011, at 12:09:04 pm
That's actually fast. At the rate I driven my car, it'll take me 15 years to join the club, and mine's a daily driver, too.
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Thursday, 28 April, 2011, at 1:05:37 pm
Mine is a daily driver as well. My commute has varied over the years, for most of the ownership it was ~5 miles each way. Recently my commute jumped to 25 miles each way, so I jumped on the train and it took months to go from 98k - 100k.
db997S - Thursday, 28 April, 2011, at 4:50:45 pm
Well, like the Boxster, at least your new ride also corners like it's on rails the finger smiley That must be a huge adjustment in terms of commutes. Mine is 4 miles each way, well, every so often longer this time a year to help stretch out top down enjoyment.
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Thursday, 28 April, 2011, at 5:35:22 pm
I drove the 25 miles for the first year, then had the car down for repairs and was forced to try the train. I can walk to the train station and my employer runs a free shuttle to and from the end station, so it became a no-brainer.

When gas was $3/gal, it was break even... not including the cost incurred for tires, oil changes and other wear & tear a thousand miles a month put on the Boxster. At $4+/gallon, I almost break even adding in the 2 Nook books a week I buy. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login