Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Optimoly TA
Bobtesa - Saturday, 18 June, 2011, at 7:59:33 am
Porsche recommends using optimoly TA on lug nuts. It is an aluminium anti-seize. A very small amount on each lug is all that is needed, and even then only occasionally. I got a similar product at a speciality wheel shop a few years ago, but I lost it. I can't find it at my local autozone and the Porsche dealer only has it in large tubes (the kind that requires a chaulk gun.) I found this place to buy it --

"It's evident from this forum and others that people have a hard time finding the Optimoly TA aluminum paste that Porsche recommends applying to wheel bolts. For others looking for this product, I found a retailer in the U.K. called Moto-Bins (a BMW motorcycle spare parts seller) that sells Optimoly TA and ships to the U.S. It comes in a 100 gram tin, which costs 6.75 British Pounds. Shipping to New Jersey was an additional 4.25 pounds. The total in U.S. dollars was $17.16, and I received the product 21 days after ordering it from the Moto-Bins website. You can find it by searching for "optimoly" here: [www.motobins.co.uk]"

But, this stuff should exist somewhere in the States at some auto speciality store or website. Does anyone know where to get in the US in a small tube as I don't need the Porsche dealer's industrial size tube?

Thanks

1999 Arctic Sivler/black/black (sold)
2008s Silver/black/black - so predictable
2011 Outback
8/24/2011 first Grandson
Look here...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 18 June, 2011, at 9:11:38 am
... for an anti-seize compound to fit whatever application you may have.

[www.neverseezproducts.com]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
resealable container and swap donuts for a couple of squirts into the plastic container of some Optimoly.

Then grab a donut before they're all gone!

Chances are too if the car's been in that shop and had the wheels off the techs might have renewed the thread lube. Ask. I've never had to put any on the lug bolts of my cars but the few times I've had to remove a wheel (flat) the bolt threads look like they have a sufficient amount of thread lube.

BTW, IIRC a tiny dab of this lube goes on the flat end of the ball that fits in the wheel. No lube should be used on the ball end of the bolt!

Sincerely,

MarcW.
very similar product is at every NAPA
grant - Sunday, 19 June, 2011, at 9:20:07 pm
under wither the napa name or permetex. About $7/jar, which will likely outlast you. Appears to have aluminum and copper particles in the base.

Never seize. Never fall off, even on the track.

Grant
Re: Optimoly TA
Petee_C - Tuesday, 21 June, 2011, at 9:12:38 am
I probably have a 12oz jar of silver coloured antiseize that's now 15 yrs old. It will definitely outlast me and my vehicles..... I also put a little on the rotor hub surface of my daily drivers once every 12-24months to prevent my wheels from rusting to the hubs.

P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login