Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Southeast Ohio Roads
Petee_C - Monday, 27 June, 2011, at 8:31:38 am
Just got back from 2 days of motorcycling in Ohio.

Man, - the roads are terrible. Twisty curvy, signs posted for curves at 15,25,35mph., blind corners, the road sometimes just falls away and veers. Just awful. One really close encounter with Bambi's mom. I crested a hill, the road veered sharp right, so I lean it over, and she must have been drinking in a small pond by the side of the road. She jumps out, runs alongside me, and cuts across as I straighten it up and get on the binders, bounds in front of me for a couple leaps and then hops in the opposite ditch. She must have been only a couple bike lengths in front of me.

Just stay away. Keep on the interstates. Never ever go visit there.

Commuted to work today in the Boxster. 6 minor course corrections in 25 miles.
Re: Southeast Ohio Roads
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 27 June, 2011, at 10:44:19 am
Isn't it twisty and curvy roads that you were looking for? I think you'd be hard pressed to find smooth roads in the northern parts (those that get Winter) of North America. Alternate freezing and thawing does a real number on the roads. If you want smooth roads, you'll have to go farther south than Ohio like North or South Carolina.

As far as Bambi's mom goes, well she and a lot of other animals live in the forests. You shouldn't be surprised to find them on the back roads sometimes.

Petee_C
Just got back from 2 days of motorcycling in Ohio.

Man, - the roads are terrible. Twisty curvy, signs posted for curves at 15,25,35mph., blind corners, the road sometimes just falls away and veers. Just awful. One really close encounter with Bambi's mom. I crested a hill, the road veered sharp right, so I lean it over, and she must have been drinking in a small pond by the side of the road. She jumps out, runs alongside me, and cuts across as I straighten it up and get on the binders, bounds in front of me for a couple leaps and then hops in the opposite ditch. She must have been only a couple bike lengths in front of me.

Just stay away. Keep on the interstates. Never ever go visit there.

Commuted to work today in the Boxster. 6 minor course corrections in 25 miles.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Re: Southeast Ohio Roads
Petee_C - Monday, 27 June, 2011, at 12:48:05 pm
[/sarcasm off]

The roads were really quite good. Technical with pucker factor, Technical and scenic, just scenic. Very little traffic.

Road surface ranged from Excellent, Very good, to a bit bumpy. Much better than Ontario. I wonder if the frost doesn't go as deep down there, that they don't seem to get the heaves we get. Much better than the roads we have in Cottage country (Muskoka).

What bumps, or uneven pavement they do have, it was ok, I've got a well sprung bike with heavier springs in the front and a properly sprung Ohlins in the back.

Didn't see one Pcar on the roads, but that's ok. Send them all to the Carolinas.

P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 12:49PM by Petee_C. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login