Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Our daughter is good friends with very wealthy young man and he was generous enough to let us take his car out for the day. The Bentley Continental is such a beautiful car and provides and AMAZING driving experience. We took the car up route 84 up to Skyline for a beautiful and spirited drive. Those familiar with this area understand the "Adult Disneyland" aspect of this drive. This is a large and heavy car, but the Sport mode gave it such a controlled feel. This was a Sunday I will not soon forget. smiling smiley I look forward to someday driving the Panamera for a comparo.

FL plates? *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 22 August, 2011, at 9:12:46 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, that's singular: Plate. winking smiley *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 22 August, 2011, at 9:19:34 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: FL plates?
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Monday, 22 August, 2011, at 9:25:16 pm
Yup, he bought it earlier this year and hasn't moved the plates over. He's actually working with a dealer to trade it in on a new Continental Supersports Convertible ISR, can't wait to drive that. smiling smiley 0 - 60 in 3.8 - CGT territory eye popping smiley
So is he
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 22 August, 2011, at 11:05:39 pm
a smoker and the ashtrays are full already? winking smiley
Re: So is he
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Tuesday, 23 August, 2011, at 12:12:49 am
Hey Guenter, that must be a Canadian colloquialism, I'm not sure I get the reference.

He is in his early 20's from Dubai. Very smart with a good business sense and a good kid. Unfortunately, he does smoke, but the hookah is a cultural thing. smiling smiley
It's more universal than that:
Laz - Tuesday, 23 August, 2011, at 6:31:18 am
My dad would say that about the Rockefellers' cars and he was born in Manhattan and raised in Brooklyn.
Re: So is he
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 23 August, 2011, at 9:27:01 am
BoxsterBob - San Carlos
Hey Guenter, that must be a Canadian colloquialism, I'm not sure I get the reference.

He is in his early 20's from Dubai. Very smart with a good business sense and a good kid. Unfortunately, he does smoke, but the hookah is a cultural thing. smiling smiley

...hmmmmmmmmm, I thought everbody traded in their cars when the ashtrays are full. That's why non smokers hang onto their cars so much longer. cool smiley
Funny how a small dent in the quarterpanel is more obvious on a Bentley than, say, an Opel!
at the Burlingame CA Concours D'Elegance Aug. 28th.

[www.hillsboroughconcours.org]

Sincerely,

MarcW.
I wanted to see the '35 Duesenberg SJ Speedster that's featured. It belonged to the Maharajah of India. He had the running lights on the front customized to be red when he was driving and blue when his wife was. Beautiful car!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login