Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
From Geneva
Laz - Wednesday, 7 March, 2012, at 6:21:14 pm
Very nice..... Bob *NM*
Motobob - Wednesday, 7 March, 2012, at 6:35:25 pm
the shifter doesn't change in a short shift kit. It's the length of the throw that changes. (Unless you're talking about Pedro's VERY short shift kit. smiling smiley )

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2012 08:30PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Well..
Roger987 - Thursday, 8 March, 2012, at 8:59:05 pm
In some short shift kits I've installed in Bimmers, the shifter itself was actually shorter above the pivot point, and longer below, when compared to the original.

But, in this case, I'm referring to the actual 'throw'. In the video (at about 2:22), the driver shifts into a higher gear, and it doesn't appear to be any 'flick of the wrist'.
Re: Well..
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 9 March, 2012, at 12:10:00 am
Roger987
In some short shift kits I've installed in Bimmers, the shifter itself was actually shorter above the pivot point, and longer below, when compared to the original.

But, in this case, I'm referring to the actual 'throw'. In the video (at about 2:22), the driver shifts into a higher gear, and it doesn't appear to be any 'flick of the wrist'.

Roger, you're right. I also notice he's grabbing the shifter as if he's hanging on for dear life. ..at least not how I change gears.

...it could be that the short shift will become an option later on, just like a number of other features. PSE for example doesn't become available until later in the year in some markets.

If Porsche doesn't offer one, I'm sure there will be some in the aftermarket. Time will tell.

....good think I've got time. winking smiley cool smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login