Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
991 Presentation México 2012
Frissen - Thursday, 29 March, 2012, at 1:05:38 pm
I bit late perhaps but I was holding the report to see if had a proper test drive to bring the whole lot of info, unfortunately that test drive never came so here is my report...

[porschepuebla.homestead.com]

So far I paired the 991 against a couple of 996TT including my own and the 991 proved hella fast!!! Even at Puebla's altitude of 2500 meters above sea level where aspirated cars los anwhere from 23 to 27% of their power and Turbos maybe only 5% the 991 was not only able to keep up with the 996TT but at times get ahead, amazing!!! no other Carrera has been able to do that and only GT3's keep up with 996TT's at this altitude, al that tech stuff really works in terms of speed.

Now some pics but really go to the report and enjoy the pics and video smiling smiley

also the new paints are amazingly deep and shiny... I hope you enjoy the report and also please add you opinions on the 991 smiling smiley

from sunny México, Frissen smiling smiley
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Nice presentation. A question and a comment:
Laz - Thursday, 29 March, 2012, at 4:06:39 pm
Do you recall if the Cayenne Hybrid was Agate Grey Metallic, and if so, what's your opinion of the color?
I read somewhere that the side mirrors are now mounted to the doors so as to provide clear airflow past the front corners of the windows. This may not seem like much at first, but it makes a difference when it's raining: water no longer "puddles" in the lines of sight to the mirrors.
Re: Nice presentation. A question and a comment:
Frissen - Thursday, 29 March, 2012, at 4:19:45 pm
That Cayenne was some sort of brown in my opinion, but really, I can't tell exactly what color it was, sorry.

The miror issue makes sense, they do look good.
Actually, quite an educational video, Gary. (Except he called the interior black.) Thanks for posting. My sales guy will have less to explain when I take delivery.
Black interior?
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 29 March, 2012, at 9:54:34 pm
It sure didn't look like it but that car is listed on their website inventory with a black interior. Looks more like Agate Gray interior to me - but I suppose it could be lighting etc. Oddly, in the Boxster, the Agate Gray leather interior is a couple of grand cheaper than the black. I opted for the Agate Gray Leather - although the configuarator shows it as $430 dollars more - until you actually choose it - and it comes in cheaper by $2k.

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Frissen ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 30 March, 2012, at 12:09:37 am
... is this the year you're coming to BRBS?
You know you want to. Just do it!
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Frissen ...
Frissen - Friday, 30 March, 2012, at 1:08:01 pm
Pedro (Weston, FL)
... is this the year you're coming to BRBS?
You know you want to. Just do it!
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

It seems like those days I will dropping kids in summer camp in northeast Texas :/

It would be so much fun to be at BRBS doing a full shoot and enjoying everyones company... let me see my schedules smiling smiley
Re: Frissen ...
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Friday, 30 March, 2012, at 4:38:35 pm
You know there are a lot of summer camps in the NC Mountains!!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login