Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Monday.

Sedan. Silver. IIRC the car is a trade in. 11K miles. Auto trannsmission. With a Porsche tech I looked the car over with it on the ground and in the air and the car looked to be in very very good shape.

Tempting, but I'm not in the market for another car. I asked about a price and $40K was tossed over a shoulder, which of course is just a number and a high/optimistic number I'm sure.

Oh, IIRC the car is rated at 24mpg city/36mpg highway. Has oodles of torque. I read some UK car mags and the BMW with the turbo-charged diesel engines come in for high praise. Fuel efficient. Powerful and with as I said oodles of torque, which means the car is a delight to drive. They're relatively quiet. Make fine, very fine, long distance cruisers but are fairly economical when used for short trips too. And of course are as luxurious as their gasoline engine model mates.

Just a heads up in case anyone is looking for what looks to be a fine sedan. A better inspection than I gave it, a test drive of course, and some digging into the car's background to see what kind of life/service it led/had would be called for.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Tempting but I'll keep telling myself...
Charlie (Sacramento CA) - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 12:03:45 am
...that my 2001 330i is running just fine and as e46 looks better than the newer ones AND has a regular tires and a FULL SIZE spare.

Yeah, that's what I'll keep telling myself.
Nice car, but with the arrival of the all-new 3 series,
Roger987 - Wednesday, 2 May, 2012, at 12:17:05 pm
that 2011 is suddenly 5 years old.
and I think there's a very nice 05 or 06 C4S coming in as a trade in. Spoke with the owner who's in the market for a Cab. He owned a 2003 Boxster (loved it) but had to get rid of it when kids came along.

The car is black with IIRC around 40K miles. Garaged all the time. Car will probably not have a CPO (I asked and was told 'no') but it does have an extended warranty. I did not get any details.

Anyhow, just a heads up in case anyone's in the market for what should be a good used car though of course don't take my word for but if you are interested check the car out thoroughly and make your own determination.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
We have an 08 328 and drove the 335D at a BMW event last year and was surprised how much torque the car had--400+ Ft/Lb (?).
At the low end of the rev range it felt like a Chevy small block. I've heard reports of highway mileage in the high 30's.

I thought it was a terrific car; the only thing I didn't like on that particular car was the combo of 18" RFT's combined with sport package which gave it more of an SUV quality ride on rough pavement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login