Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Boxster tire, front sway bar link pics...
MarcW - Sunday, 13 May, 2012, at 1:21:13 pm
Rear tire with approx. 30K miles:

Front tire with approx. 50K miles:

Front sway bar drop link (I do not know which side) with nearly 255K miles:

Sincerely,

MarcW.
the tires look like these:
[www.tirerack.com]

I wish they still made them--great tires.
but I've run those tires almost exclusively since 2004 and under 100K miles. Michelin tires rock.

The parts manager was unable to explain why those specific Michelin tires are not available. He told me he told the tire dist. that if he couldn't supply the rears he'd have to take the fronts back for full refund/credit and this usually calls the bluff, but in this case there was no bluff. All the Michelin tires went back and Pirelli tires were supplied in their place.

I asked why the difficulty with the Michelin tires and the PM thinks Michelin may be between N updates/switchovers and it doesn't want to make too many of the older tires before the new ones are ready, so production has been cut back, maybe even halted to give time for any remaining stock to be used up.

FWIW, the Pirelli tires are N3 tires.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
I had two sets. Ran them all over the road as well as
grant - Sunday, 13 May, 2012, at 6:47:43 pm
Lime Rock twice
Mid Ohio last year
Lightning last year
something else i forgot

and they STILL wore evenly. Aside from now having the general consistency of granite. A few heat cycles away from new.

Now running Khumo SPTs. Wear well. Quiet. Dont stick all that well on the track - but fine on the street even if you're having "great fun"

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
the car. The link is rather out of the way (I never even got a pic of it in the car so I'm going strictly by what I was told, however, I might a pic from earlier or from another car though as I sometimes try to anticipate things and snap pics just to have on hand) and he said there would be no harm in leaving it in service.

But I want to avoid letting things go as much as possible or they'll slowly accumulate and then all the sudden one's facing a big expense all at once or the car turns into a clunker/junker.

Sure the Boxster ain't new anymore, no where near it, but the Boxster ain't no junker or clunker either.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
worn sway bar links don't cause vibrations... they may cause noise / slight clunking when going over bumps, pot holes, man covers, backing out of the driveway etc.

I don't think sway bar joints actually move a whole lot, the rubber might have been ripped, but the ball joints might have been intact.

P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login