Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I Am Continuing To Get Good Comments
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Friday, 15 June, 2012, at 6:37:15 pm
about both the car's color and the car in general.

Today, a couple guys in a passing van gave me a, "Nice car!" I responded w/ a "thumbs up".

Last week, the man who owns the repair shop where I get my non-Porsche car repairs done got to see the car for the first time. We have been talking about my future purchase for awhile, and when I took one of my other cars in to drop it off for repairs, I told him to go outside and look at my new ride. He said, "You got your Porsche, didn't you?" When I acknowedged that I had, he got a big grin on his face and congratulated me w/ a hand shake, then RAN out of the building to look at it. I followed him outside to answer his questions and upon seeing it, he said, "That's what I wanted, but my wife wouldn't let me get it, so we got the Beemer convertible instead." He went on to say that he had taken a Boxster for a test drive, but had decided not to get it as during the drive he had entered an Interstate at 130mph and knew he couldn't drive it at a reasonable speed.

I saw him a few days later. He gave me a funny look and said, "After seeing your car, I've got the bug" (to get one).

I'll let you know who has the stronger will: him or his wife. cool smiley

And on another subject, I had a dufus pull up beside me at a stop light in his little 4-banger. I didn't bother looking at him, so I can't tell you what it was. He reved his engine a couple times and rolled backwards, the moved back up beside me and repeated his display of stupidity. The light turned green and I started forward. He tried to do the same, but found himself in a Right-Turn Only lane and had to turn off as he nowhere else to go. D'oh. eye rolling smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login