Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Regarding that earlier post on 981 soft brakes..
MikenOH - Saturday, 1 September, 2012, at 9:41:07 am
Came across a similar post on the 991 on the 6Spd. forum:
[www.6speedonline.com]

Nice video and commentary regarding how the car handled. Regarding braking, he made comments similar to the earlier poster regarding extra effort and low pedal when getting the car slowed around the track, despite having the system flushed before the event. Hmm..

One other thing, he mentions that on car equipped with SC and PCM you get a display of the track on the vehicle LCD and that track data is downloadable--does anyone know anything about this?
The notion of a large track display showing relative position on the track made me laugh; at the speeds this guy was going, I can't imagine he was looking at it.
Re: buffeting
Laz - Saturday, 1 September, 2012, at 11:30:32 am
Regarding the buffeting, I had mentioned a "beat-tone" a few days ago, but the phenomenon doesn't actually make it "windier" in the car ("buffeting" the way I understand it); It's just the acoustical phenomenon.
On the other hand, I've found not having the windstop in doesn't make the interior much more blustery at interstate speeds, as long as the windows are up.

Laz
... Yes, there is a beat-tone at maybe 40 mph or so when only one window is open. Having both open seems to cancel a lot of it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2012 11:41AM by Laz.
(view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login