Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Problem with keyless entry
Greg - Monday, 3 September, 2012, at 9:00:39 am
This issue appears to be one that has gotten worse over the years. It started with the fact that I had to get closer to the car to use the key fob to lock and unlock the doors. I replaced the battery, but no luck. Now it is rare that I can lock or unlock the doors remotely. The light on the key fob appears to flicker like normal when the button is pushed. The rear trunk feature still works remotely with what appears to be no issue.

Any thoughts?

Greg
1999 Boxster
Try this
Boxsterra - Monday, 3 September, 2012, at 11:11:41 am
Reboot the key processor:
Remove the battery
Wait 10 seconds
Put the battery in backwards (yes, this is a procedure recommended by Porsche)
Wait 3 seconds
Remove the battery
Put the battery in correctly

If that doesn't work, check the contacts that connect the button switch to the circuit board. Years of mashing the button often breaks these contacts so that they make intermittent contact. With intermittent contact, often the light will flash but the discontinuity causes an irregular signal to be sent and the car doesn't respond.
Re: Try this
Greg - Tuesday, 4 September, 2012, at 8:16:39 am
I will give that a try. I think you may be right about the contacts, though. I'll check those out too.

Greg
1999 Boxster
Re: Try this
Greg - Monday, 17 September, 2012, at 9:08:09 pm
An update. The issue appears to be that things are fitting tightly inside of the key body. When I take the board and battery out and press the buttons directly, they work 100% of the time. When placed back inside of the head fob, it doesn't. So I put some paper between the battery and the cover to make things fit tighter. Bingo, it works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login