Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New Cayman streaming & Porsche CEO on tv
Laz - Wednesday, 28 November, 2012, at 9:55:27 am
Firstly, Planet-9 will have a live stream on their site for the unveiling of what could be the new Cayman. Here's the info:

"You can be among the first to see the new Cayman live from the LA Auto show via our streaming broadcast tomorrow (Weds 11/28). Click Here:
[www.planet-9.com]
(You must be logged into the website to view the stream from the home page)
The broadcast should start at approximately noon on Wednesday November 28th and stay live for the entire unveiling and presentation."

Also, I caught a bit of an announcement on CNBC that Porsche's CEO will be interviewed at some point. (Didn't catch exactly when.)
CEO briefly spoke w/CNBC and Cayman uncovered from front hood to nose.
Laz - Wednesday, 28 November, 2012, at 11:58:00 am
It looks identical to the Boxster except it retains the small circular apron lights. A couple seconds of promotional video was shown. I checked the Porsche Youtube channel but not there yet.
[www.worldcarfans.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2012 12:30PM by Laz. (view changes)
I'll post it here when it goes live (should be 2 PM Eastern Time). Right now I just get an error message.
Contrary to what you hope, Guenter...
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 28 November, 2012, at 2:00:06 pm
I predict that the Cayman will still be priced well above a Boxster cab, and will bounce up against a 991 coupe, similarly equipped.

Why confused smiley

Because they can drinking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2012 02:01PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Re: Contrary to what you hope, Guenter...
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 28 November, 2012, at 2:04:01 pm
It actually doesn't really matter to me. Just that Porsche would sell a lot more Caymans if they priced it right.

I'm quite happy that the Boxster costs less. smiling bouncing smiley
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Stream must have been diverted to cyberspace.
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 28 November, 2012, at 5:01:23 pm
It was there for a while, but they seemed to be having technical difficulties. Then the stream dried up before the Cayman arrived. confused smiley

Maybe rain in LA forced them to put the roof up .....oh wait. It's a Cayman. smiling smiley
Hmm... a bum cyber. *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 28 November, 2012, at 6:13:46 pm
Re: New Cayman streaming & Porsche CEO on tv
Dave In MD - Wednesday, 28 November, 2012, at 5:54:38 pm
If you're interested, here's a link to the stream replay: Cayman LA Auto Show

There's also an intro video now posted by Porsche on YouTube: Cayman Youtube Intro

Enjoy.

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Very sweet video....
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 28 November, 2012, at 7:07:57 pm
Might even tempt our favorite, top down loving, other top thinning, Canadian winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: Very sweet video....
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 28 November, 2012, at 8:16:43 pm
Gary in SoFL
Might even tempt our favorite, top down loving, other top thinning, Canadian winking smiley

Beautiful car. Tempting? Nope. It'd take one heckofa can opener to make me happy on a sunny day.
Love the video
Steve (Morro Bay) - Thursday, 29 November, 2012, at 11:43:19 am
It made me realize what I hate about most of porsche's advertisements -- the smug one-liners about living outside the box or recapturing your youth, etc. Just show the cars and shut up. They'll speak for themselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login