Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Slalom Hints Part Deux
jfarris - Tuesday, 15 January, 2013, at 2:30:33 pm
In my previous request for help in setting up for the 2013 autoslalom season, I mentioned that most of our courses allow brief soirées into second gear. I have found several sets of 17” and 18” wheels for sale locally and would like an opinion on using 18” wheels versus the current 17” wheels I have. Would this help me stay in first gear or are they sized and matched with tires to have the same diameter/circumference as the 17's? On my 911SC, I chose to slalom on wider 15” wheels for an effective lower gear ratio and save the 16’s for touring.
Along the same lines, does anyone know if Cayman wheels will fit without using spacers in the rear?
Thanks!

Jim, 2001 Boxster S, 1973 Triumph TR6, 1956 Triumph TR3
Done right the O.D. stays the same.
grant - Tuesday, 22 January, 2013, at 12:41:23 pm
You said "autoslalom". Never heard of it. If you mean AutoX, i'm surprised you're nto always in 2nd gear. We design them for 2nd gear - and when we have airport runways at our disposal, 3rd (e.g.: PCA Zone 1 runoffs at Fort Devins in MA).

17s are lighter, cheaper.

Want fast, get slicks on dedicated wheels. Of course, then you;re re-classed against people who will likely kick yu around for a while.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login