Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
What's a good price on a new 2013 Boxster S
arobot - Monday, 4 February, 2013, at 11:31:41 am
Hi-
Considering a return to the Porsche name plate after an eight year hiatus spanning two Lotus vehicles.
I'm considering a 2013 Boxster S in a relatively base config (not interested in optioning out a 60K car to > 80K).
Has anyone had any recent purchase experience?
Is there a preferred dealer in the Chicago area? I'm not far from a dealer, but the last time I stopped into this particular one I was treated to a BS story that Boxsters were going to be hard to get "because they're all going to China"- translation: hurry, buy now while supplies last. I'd rather not do business with circus clowns.
Thanks,
Andre
Re: What's a good price on a new 2013 Boxster S
MikenOH - Monday, 4 February, 2013, at 12:42:47 pm
arobot
Hi-
Considering a return to the Porsche name plate after an eight year hiatus spanning two Lotus vehicles.
I'm considering a 2013 Boxster S in a relatively base config (not interested in optioning out a 60K car to > 80K).
Has anyone had any recent purchase experience?
Is there a preferred dealer in the Chicago area? I'm not far from a dealer, but the last time I stopped into this particular one I was treated to a BS story that Boxsters were going to be hard to get "because they're all going to China"- translation: hurry, buy now while supplies last. I'd rather not do business with circus clowns.
Thanks,
Andre

Our 981S has only a few options; the basic car comes pretty well equipped.

If you can get 6% off sticker I'd say you've done well, but that will depend on the demand in your area, time of year, particular dealer etc..

The "Boxsters going to China" story is funny; had it been Cayennes/Panamera I could believe it....

China sales in 2011: (latest I could find)
Porsche China deliveries
(inc. HK & Macau) 2011
January to December 2010
January to December Variance (%)
January to December

2011 2010 change
Boxster 1,403 822 70.7

Cayman 999 745 34.1

911 929 773 20.2

Cayenne 13,283 8,612 54.2

Panamera 7,726 3,833 101.6

Total 24,340 14,785 64.6

1/30/2012
Re: What's a good price on a new 2013 Boxster S
db997S - Monday, 4 February, 2013, at 12:55:01 pm
Not complete BS. China is a huge emerging market for Porsche, but like India, it's the SUV that's king over there. I had a difficult time when looking for a Boxster back in November of 2009, and that was at the depths of the auto industry. If I were you, I'd act fast as it will be harder to deal as spring is arrving. Another issue you have is that the 2013 is a completely new Boxster. We have sevarl dealers near where I live, but none of them were dealing on Boxsters. I was buying off the lot, not special order. I ended up buying a 2009 a 911 S Cab 300 miles away from my home. I contacted eight dealers via the Internet. Not a single one was dealing on Boxsters, but the 911 S Cab i got was at a tremendous savings. That was due mainly to the switch from MY '09 to MY '10 cars and the fact that the deaer I went with was in a northern state (the begining of winter, not the end).

Do research on edmunds.com or kbb.com on a lightly optioned Boxster. They can tell you invoice prices, get a price in mind and hit the internet to contact sales. I handled everything via the computer, e-mail and FedEx. Didn't talk to the sales guy until I picked up my car. Even did my trade of my 2002 Boxster S with them. Might be easier and better price if you aren't trading in a car. I did the same in 2010 when buying my wife's car, but that was with a local dealer. She wanted the new Prius, so it was a hard car to find with the options she wanted. The power of the internet. i may never go to a dealer again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login