Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Passenger wing mirror glass
marty - Friday, 22 March, 2013, at 5:14:33 am
On my 1999 Box' the passenger side wing mirror glass has developed free movement within the housing. If I gently push on the bottom half, it re-aligns with the motor setting position and the motor will move it in one direction, but not back again. You can rock the glass up and down through approx. 5 degrees but not from left to right.

Can anyone please explain or show photos, of how the mirror glass attaches to the motor? As the glass is expensive I don't want to break it if possible. I have not clipped the mirror but we have had a bit of snow, so I wonder if some adhesive tape has broken down?
The mirror is...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 22 March, 2013, at 7:03:00 am
... attached to the electric motor by plastic pressure clips.
In order to remove it simply insert a blade, such a a butter knife under the edge of the mirror and pry off against the mirror housing.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2013 12:30PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
........SNAP!
marty - Friday, 22 March, 2013, at 8:17:26 am
Thanks for the instructions Pedro. Just carefully pulled the glass assembly out. One of the white nylon push-rod balls had come out ,so I snapped it back in. Seems to work OK again now.

Isn't this internet thing brilliant! A guy in sunny Florida can help a bloke in the snowy middle of England in minutes! Cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login