Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
History - first serious driving since the car was put back together after it hugged the safety barrier at the track.

En route in went ROW M030, racing style rear toe links (aka tie rods), pedro's rear lower chassis brace (techno brace?)
And GT3 seats.

driver, alas, has not been upgraded.

This is a different car. Oh, its the same car, still with very natural feel, but its really controlled, far less bump steer and rear toe change under load. Its so much better, i was in some ways slower, as i adjusted to the new feel of the car.

Did ok i guess, around mid pack in C-stock, where others had the benefit of fancy R-comp rubber (i am on AD-08s, OEM 17 size).
One run i missed an easy gate. One run i pushed too hard and spun. Last run came in ok, but could have been much better if i spent more time refining rather than creating tire dust.

Mostly out to get a feel for the car and make sure its sea-shape before Lime Rock in a week and a half.

That will be a fun trip. Two friends are getting married on the Straight when the track goes cold. Vroom, vroom Scott and Michelle!

As usual, i find a fully engineered suspension kit bludgeons a DIY set of parts, unless you happen to be Porsche's suspension guru. And if you are, speak up Franz!

My Audi S6's (2002 C5 for those who care) KW/ST coilover install was equally successful ( although much more refined in overall balance, in keeping with a large station wagon vs a sports car).

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Glad to hear it's back on the road.

It will take a little time to get used to the suspension changes.
When we got the 987--replacing the 986-it took a lot longer than I thought to get used to the handling in a track situation and I expect the situation will be the same on the 981. The traction levels were much higher, there was PSM to contend with and the steering had a different feel to it.
The auto-x is a good way to start the learning process; we're going to do the same thing in a couple of weeks, followed up by a lapping day at Mid-OH in early May.
Looking forward to seeing you and the "new" car at the Mid-OH DE; BTW, how's that other new car coming along?
The red car has been back on the road since December, but i've been slowly dealing with small issues, the airbag, the seats, the alignment. All going well.

The Blue car has also been on the road for a month+. Its pretty good, some alignment issues (simply does not feel as neutral or stable as it should - not bad enough to be an emergency, nor good enough to be ok...) and the transmission is, well, old. Seems ok when warm, but i wont go further than that.

I'm still debating which, int he long run, will be the track vehicle. The scot in me has trouble tossing perfectly good new suspension parts, but they would have to go. I'd also need to move the stereo to the red car, which would be quite a job. Might happen though.

In a week or two i'll likely have an alignment done on the Blue car to make sure nothing else is amiss.

Grant

Grant

Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login