Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I didn't expect otherwise with the possible exception of the fittings for the lines. Two of them fought me a little but but eventually released without any damage. Not bad on a 12 year old car with the original factory lines. I would say this is a definite DIY for anyone comfortable with working on/bleeding brakes. I wish I had left time to repaint the calipers as the rears especially are looking a little rough but that will have to wait as track season begins Saturday. Pretty paint doesn't make them stop any better.

I will take a moment for my annual rant about the guy who determined that the location of the clutch bleed fitting was acceptable on these cars. I just cannot get my hands/arms in there easily. Got it done, as always, but cursed all the way through that part. Brakes couldn't be easier but the clutch is a PIA every time.
... which really helps in the long run.
Next time you're bleeding the brakes, remove the clutch slave nipple and install one of your extra brake hoses.
Put the nipple on the other end.
You now have a permanent extension for the bleed nipple which is easily reached.
You can secure the end to the tranny mount with a zip tie, or you can drill a hole and permanently affix it to the tranny mount.
I did it when I started tracking the car and now bleeding the clutch is easier than bleeding the calipers!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion.
Keep in mind that ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 8 April, 2013, at 11:54:19 pm
... since the flexible brake line has a male fitting at both ends you'll need a female-female adapter to install the bleed nipple.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
The come female on one end

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Technoclutchbleeder
Roger987 - Wednesday, 10 April, 2013, at 12:39:46 pm
Pedro, if you put one together (right size, length for my 987 2.7), I'll be happy to buy it from you at BRBS.

I'm hoping there will be others attending this year's BRBS who will be similarly inclined.

Seriously.
That is brilliant.
grant - Monday, 8 April, 2013, at 7:16:14 pm
worth using a new one!

Grant

Very creative, Pedro *NM*
Boxsterra - Friday, 12 April, 2013, at 9:13:00 am
Isn't that: Very Creative Pedro thumbs up *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 12 April, 2013, at 11:46:49 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
It's both *NM*
Boxsterra - Saturday, 13 April, 2013, at 8:57:54 am
thank you Lynn Truss :-) *NM*
grant - Saturday, 13 April, 2013, at 8:55:06 pm
Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login