Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Off to NJMP this afternoon. I do hope the rain holds off
grant - Sunday, 28 April, 2013, at 1:27:01 pm
two days of cups' n saucers. rain, rain go away!

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Only got 2.75" so far
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Monday, 29 April, 2013, at 12:48:22 pm
in the last 18 hours and still raining for the next few days. Just checked my rain gauge after my wife asked.

It's spring. April showers bring May flowers.

Which brought up an interesting question I have no answer for. Prompted by driving on the interstate last night for 50 miles or so with little to listen to but a Braves game. What effect does having to expel water from underneath the tires have on MPG? I'm always attentive to depth of the grooves so the tire has maximum ability to get rid of water but what does that expulsion cost me compared to running on a dry surface? I can feel it and I know it makes a big difference what tire I have as it expels water diagonally or lengthwise depending on the tread design. But in general, what does it cost you (besides the need for caution as opposed to fun)?
Monday was mostly a wash out, although i always went out. Slowly. With white knuckles. Good exercise in smoothness and perfect line.

(best quip of the day: "where's the wet line?" a: "it runs down the middle of the garage"

yesterday, however, was another story. Overcast but clear, dry, moderate temps, and 5+ hours of on-track driving.

Here's a little taste, before my gopro's battery gave out (boo, hiss)

T-Bolt, open (combined) run groups, my normal base boxster on street tires (yokos)

[www.youtube.com]

Grant

Grant

And, in a fit of good luck, Pocono tomorrow....
grant - Thursday, 2 May, 2013, at 8:48:22 am
... but in my Audi station wagon, with the Audi club, at a more "dont bust this thing" pace.

practice is always good, even at 7/10ths. Plus, going fast on a straight is not really all that complicated.

Grant

Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login