Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Temporary protection from bug guts, rock chips, tar sand, and other road debris. Does anyone have experience with temporary solutions to protect the front end of cars not worthy of expensive clear bra protection?? Ease of application, simple to remove, doesn't wash off in rain, not too ugly, and actually offers some real protection are all concerns.

Here are several possibilities:

Road Warrior Plus [madshadowcustompaint.com] or [www.roadwarriorplus.com]

Road Wrap [www.buyroadwrap.com]

Wolfs [www.detailersdomain.com]

Plasti Dip [www.dipyourcar.com] same rubbery stuff that's on handles of some tools and comes in clear; reports say it's very durable

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
If you run behind me ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 2 May, 2013, at 1:31:25 pm
... watch out for Road Gators. Those dont' just buff right off. winking smiley
I'd thought you'd go commando!
But of all the suggested products, I personally like the PlastiDip in ORANGE.
26 days and counting,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I just did some research on the same and it seems like Plasti Dip is favored across a number of car forums. It appears to be identical to Armour All's Custom Shield Coating protection product but a lot less expensive. I have not found anyone locally who has used any of these however. Plasti Dip has a number of videos out and it looks like it is very easy to apply and remove. It comes in clear (what I am interested in) as well as a number of colors. If you proceed it would be great for you to share a write-up and some pictures! cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 03:32PM by jwdbox. (view changes)
Drive right behind Pedro
Boxsterra - Thursday, 2 May, 2013, at 8:41:56 pm
He will deflect any spare tire bits flying around.

I have some bug stuff from Griot's, will be trying it this year.
Following has its hazards, too:
Laz - Friday, 3 May, 2013, at 10:13:39 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2013 10:51AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login