Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Cover story - June 2013 Excellence
Roger987 - Monday, 29 April, 2013, at 11:01:22 am
"Porsche's BEST!

2014 Cayman sets new standards of Balance and Driving Thrills."

And the article starts off with "The best sports car in Porsche's lineup is also the best two-seats sports car reasonable money can buy today - and maybe well into the future."

I think they like it. winking smiley
Re: Cover story - June 2013 Excellence
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 29 April, 2013, at 11:18:16 am
Based on my experience at Mosport last week, I agree with them 95%.

I'd agree with them 100% if they were talking about the convertible Cayman. cool smiley There's just nothing like being able to enjoy the Balance and Driving Thrills with the thrill of open top driving to enjoy the sounds and sights.
At $77k
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Monday, 29 April, 2013, at 12:53:58 pm
for the Cayman models most dealers are getting, it is a relative bargain and almost all the articles compare it to the 911 and it comes out very favorably even to its $20-$50k more expensive 911 sibling.

OTOH, just think how much of that fun you can get for $67k less in a used 986. Maybe 85% of the fun for 15% of the cost?
Re: At $77k
Leor ('09S, North of Boston) - Monday, 29 April, 2013, at 4:22:15 pm
I think you have to subtract another 15-20% from an old Boxster's "fun" quotient due to the collateral getting nickle-and-dimed effect...also contingent on level of do-it-yourselfishness, of course. So, 75% of the fun for 15% of the cost? Still not too shabby...
Ah but
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 30 April, 2013, at 9:38:48 am
do-it-yourself satisfaction ups the fun quotient.

These aren't $40k cars any more. Reminds me of university pricing, it goes up to astronomic levels just because they can and people will pay.
Re: Ah but
Boxsterra - Wednesday, 8 May, 2013, at 7:18:00 am
Ah, but they actually are in a manner of speaking.

Adjusted for inflation Boxsters have gotten cheaper (base price) and stayed the same (base + options). But they've added a few more fancy options so it's possible to spend a little more if you deck it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login