Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
One mile past peak horsepower
Laz - Monday, 8 July, 2013, at 10:34:18 am
Maybe
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 8 July, 2013, at 10:52:38 am
Depending on whether you followed the break-in instructions. winking smiley

Congrats on actually driving it!!

So have you noticed any drop-off in performance since you took that picture? winking smiley
+1 on driving your car lots
Roger987 - Monday, 8 July, 2013, at 11:14:48 am
Good for you and good for the Boxster.
By the way, that car had a chronic issue with various codes in the past year that would come back within 70 miles. My friend brought it to Danbury and now with several hundred since their changing what earlier looked to us like a perfectly clean MAF solved the problem(s.) This is the car that had the engine replaced by Porsche in 06 after 4 RMS replacements. I was fortunate that when I brought the car in with a factory rep being there, a mechanic used a micrometer and measured the bore in 3 planes, finding two of them way out. He had pulled the tranny very soon after I got there, and caught the bore when the motor was still warm. I think that was the key: the bore would be in spec with the go-no go tool on the previous occasions because it was likely checked when cold. In the past year or so the new motor started leaving a silver dollar-sized drop again. My friend doesn't drive it anywhere near as much as I did, but now with Conti DWSs on it he's been driving more, even through last winter. Here's hoping the 2006 engine's IMS will hold up. This motor has maybe 50,000 on it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login