Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Collection of Porsches
db997S - Tuesday, 30 July, 2013, at 9:50:10 am
On Saturday, our local PCA in DC had a fun rally for wounded vets at Walter Reed Military Hospital. The vets or their family were the navigators on the 75-mile drive. Here's a shot (sorry, but used my Blackberry to snap the shot) of us waiting for the vets to arrive. The two cars up front are a slant nose and a 996 GT3. My car is seen between the two. There were a couple of 981s (black and a white with red interior, white hoops and red top). The good news was that there weren't enough wounded vets to participate, so not every car had a navigator.

An honorable thing to do. *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 30 July, 2013, at 1:28:57 pm
Re: An honorable thing to do.
db997S - Tuesday, 30 July, 2013, at 4:50:40 pm
I was talking to one of the soldiers, he showed me a photo on his phone of the truck he was driving in that got hit by an IED. You couldn't even tell it was a truck. Luckily, none of the soldiers died, but a year later, he still has a significant limp (broken back and pelvis) and is lucky to be walking at all. Another guy in the truck is still in and out of the hospital and may soon have to have his leg amputated, a full year after the event. I love dealing with these soldiers, though. To see young guys so well mannered and behaved, even after all the crap they've seen and been through. Lots of yes sirs and yes mams. Gives one hope for the future generation, especially when I compare them to my neices and nephews who are about the same age. Scarey difference.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login