Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Vapor Canister Purge Valve replacement
ericp - Wednesday, 10 July, 2013, at 8:01:01 pm
Hey guys,

I bought a new Vapor Canister Purge Valve and can't seem to figure out where it is. Anyone able o point me to its location?

Thanks,
-Eric
Re: Vapor Canister Purge Valve replacement
ericp - Wednesday, 10 July, 2013, at 8:03:03 pm
I think it's located in the front passenger wheel well? Does that seem correct?
ericp - Thursday, 11 July, 2013, at 7:08:29 pm
I took the front tire off and part of the wheel well covering but was unable to locate the vapor canister valve. Any thoughts?
on the engine kind of hidden under the intake manifold.

This may be the electrically operated (by the DME) vacuum valve while canister proper has another valve that operates solely based on which connecting line has vacuum.
ericp - Thursday, 11 July, 2013, at 9:39:31 pm
OK, I ordered the electric one, someone on renntech said I should try removing the entire evap canister to replace (this was on a MY '9). I will try that this weekend. I did see one schematic that possibly showed this part at the end of the vacuum line at the engine, which seems to make sense to what you are saying. I think I have the PDF that shows parts. I plan to dig tht up and see what I can discover there as well.

Thanks,
-Eric
ericp - Thursday, 11 July, 2013, at 9:53:19 pm
It's part #9 in this link [www.autoatlanta.com] but where is that top assembly located? Above the canister?
steve_wilwerding - Friday, 12 July, 2013, at 9:35:25 am
I had a similar issue on my 98 and bought both valves - I got the one on the evap canister replaced, but for the life of me could not find where number 9 is either - I looked all over the wheel well, followed the lines, etc - the car still whistles some, and I'd like to get the other valve replaced, but have no idea where it is.

Hopefully someone on here has BTDT and had details about its location.
ericp - Friday, 12 July, 2013, at 3:37:02 pm
I'll let you know if I am successful this wekeend.

-Eric
ericp - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 2:14:22 pm
That valve is in fact behind the passenger headlight assembly. I was able to get to it and remove it by taking out the headlight and working on it through that opening. Unfortunately I had ordered the other valve, which I did replace, and will have to wait for this valve to be shipped. I wasn't able to get the other valve completely seated, and where I am going to have to do this again soon anyway, I will wait until I have the correct valve and probably remove the wheel well covering so I can unbolt the whole housing which should allow me to get a better angle and more force the fully seat both valves.

-Eric
steve_wilwerding - Monday, 15 July, 2013, at 9:24:28 am
What year is your car? I swear I looked behind my headlight and didn't see anything.
ericp - Monday, 12 August, 2013, at 2:40:27 pm
It's a 2001 Base.

I was able to get both valves replaced and that didn't fix the P0446 code, this past weekend I was able to get the front valve (under the drivers side intake manifold) replaced. it is too soon to see if it fixed the code. BUT, it did fix the problem I was having where it was very hard to startup after fueling up. I filled up yesterday and started right up, first time in a while that has happened, so at least that is solved.

-Eric
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login