Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
International picture
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 3 August, 2013, at 10:05:45 pm
Japanese camera takes picture of German car in Canada with US Fort Niagara in the background.

Had a fabulous day for a drive to Niagara On The Lake today. Mid 70's and Sunny driving a Boxster. It doesn't get much better than that. hot smiley

Joanne. Better save up for lots of gas money. When you get your car, you're going to want to keep driving it. You're going to absolutely love it. Believe me, it will be worth the wait.

That's why I'm working lots of Saturdays now
Joanne in OC - Saturday, 3 August, 2013, at 10:23:04 pm
I'm going to work the next 2 Saturdays to get some extra $. Then no Saturdays for awhile, or maybe when I need extra cash for the car.

Beautiful picture..... I'm living vicariously through you right now. ...... Right now I'm just so excited because I was able to watch my car (kinda, the vessel) go through the first of the last locks of the Panama Canal. I think I had more fun watching and taking screen shots of it than if I had gone on a date. ..... Today I went to the PCA meeting, saw a lot of friends. Just made me even more excited to be back in the family.

Keep having fun, I'm enjoying your adventures
Joanne
Yup. I've been using some of that to get through the break-in period. Only about 800 miles to go.

I was comparing my first few tanks of gas mileage of the 987 and 981 S. The mileage has been surprisingly similar, averaging almost 25 mpg. Surprising because the with 75 HP and that PSE encourages you to really play with the right foot pedal. smiling bouncing smiley
So, does this mean
Roger987 - Tuesday, 6 August, 2013, at 12:23:56 pm
you're not going to be returning it to the dealer and asking for your 987 back? smiling smiley

It's a stunner. Shame about the awful sounds it makes. winking smiley
Re: So, does this mean
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 6 August, 2013, at 12:43:32 pm
Roger987
you're not going to be returning it to the dealer and asking for your 987 back? smiling smiley

It's a stunner. Shame about the awful sounds it makes. winking smiley

No. I won't be returning it and asking for the 987 back. I'm learning to live with this car. smiling bouncing smiley

Re the awful sounds. I found I could eliminating them by turning the center screen on the dash off. It really lets me enjoy the Primary Sound Equipment. hot smiley

It is an attention grabber. We visited one of my cousins on Saturday and had three of her neighbours drop over to look at the car.
Guenter, is there really that much room....
Clam - Wednesday, 14 August, 2013, at 11:50:24 am
between the seat back and the roll bars? , or do you drive like my mom, with your back totally straight, and just inches from the wheel .?. smiling smiley
Car looks great.

Clam
Re: Guenter, is there really that much room....
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 14 August, 2013, at 3:13:20 pm
Clam
between the seat back and the roll bars? , or do you drive like my mom, with your back totally straight, and just inches from the wheel .?. smiling smiley
Car looks great.

Clam

Thanks. I kind of like the car too. cool smiley

I think there's a bit more room (length) in the 981 cabin than in the 987. I could push the seat back about another 3 3/4 inches. The way the back curves up into the roll bars, there's a bit more room between the roll bar and the head rest than there is at the bottom of the seat to the back. Here's another view when the salesman was going over the controls with me. And yes, I sit fairly straight and just inches from the wheel - about 14 of them.

That's about the seat position in mine.
Laz - Wednesday, 14 August, 2013, at 3:46:50 pm
I wonder if the rear-right sightline would be better if the headrest was closer to the roll bar, as it would be for a given driver in a 986-7. Of course, a lot of the sight problem is due to the higher deck.
Yeah, that does look like a lot more room. I think...
Clam - Thursday, 15 August, 2013, at 10:25:59 am
you could get away with a little more knee bend though smileys with beer

Keep the pics coming.

Clam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login