Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I just replaced a failed horn on my 2009 C2S and thought I would pass along a few tips...

1. To determine which horn is not functioning, use a tone generator on your smart phone and compare the tones. You will have to order or buy a horn before you start, and there are two horns each with a different pitch, the bass horn is 420 HZ, and the high horn is 510 HZ on my C2S and I think it is the same for a whole range of models and years. I found the frequencies at Pelican Parts in their part descriptions. I downloaded a free app called PA Tone for Android. Play a tone, then honk. Easy to tell which is not working.
2. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Porsche uses the same approach to bumpers on many of their models. My 2009 C2S bumper was virtually identical to the procedure and approach of my 2000 Boxster S except for addition of funky, painful clips.
3. Pelican Parts has these horns listed at about $15 each but I would have had to wait for shipping time. I figured my local dealer was probably near that price.... so what did they charge for the same part? $60 !!! and that is with my PCA discount. The same part folks.

I hope this helps...

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Another way
Boxsterra - Monday, 19 August, 2013, at 9:59:17 pm
Is to search for Boxster horn on YouTube and just listen to what it's "supposed" to sound like.

The horns are $11 at AutoHausAz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login