Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Cut check # 981 today. *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 10:41:15 am
I'm optimistic today
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 1:47:56 pm
For some reason, when I woke up yesteday I didn't have a good feeling about my car.

I don't have that feeling today. Have heard from 2 others who had their cars on the same vessel, dealer is Rusnak in Pasadena (30 min north of my dealer). 1 of them was just notified that her car was loaded this AM and is on it's way. I was told yesterday mine would leave this AM. Hopefully, should be in this afternoon.

I spoke with the service manager yesterday afternoon. He told me to bring my V1 in today and they will look at it to hard wire it in for me. I'm going to go after work this evening, which gives me a reason to look and drool smiling bouncing smiley

But, this day is just dragging for me.... time is just going by sooooo slow. It's not even lunch time yet

Joanne
It had better come in today
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 4:05:44 pm
I just bought a bunch of stocks in Boxster Beer. I figure the price will skyrocket after the coming shortage. smileys with beer
Is this close enough?
Laz - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 4:18:25 pm
Close. I was thinking more like
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 4:49:11 pm
Private label? *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 6:47:37 pm
Custom *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 7:44:58 pm
Re: Cut check # 981 today.
m4240z - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 12:11:49 pm
Hmmmm....I'm at cheque 921 -- so that should put me at 981 in November or so, when the 2013 981s get cheaper....
Something to look forward to. *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 1:54:36 pm
That'd be cool. *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 20 August, 2013, at 1:53:55 pm
Can't do it, unless I have a special check printed sad smiley
Joanne in OC - Wednesday, 21 August, 2013, at 11:44:57 am
I looked. I don't use the account for checks often, I'm only on #7 ...... My regular checking account has long passed the 981 check, since I've had the same account for over 20 years.

Maybe the credit union will print it for me grinning smiley

Joanne
Laz
n/t

If you're in the cheque writing mode, I'd be happy if you would be good enough to write one with the payee as Downtown Porsche -- don't worry, it would be in Canadian funds, and about $70,000.00 would do just fine.
They wouldn't accept my personal check
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 10:21:19 am
No one told me that they don't accept personal checks over $5K. .... Have to give them a cashier's check. I got worried for a minute. Kinda funny, they wouldn't let me write a check for $25K, but yet let me walk out by signing a contract for a loan where they didn't verify my income or job. They did check my credit score though. ...... They would have their money today if they took my check, now they have to wait until I get to the Credit Union and mail the check. ...... Business, I just don't get it.

Joanne
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 12:01PM by Laz. (view changes)
Re: They wouldn't accept my personal check
MikenOH - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 1:27:40 pm
Joanne in OC
No one told me that they don't accept personal checks over $5K. .... Have to give them a cashier's check. I got worried for a minute. Kinda funny, they wouldn't let me write a check for $25K, but yet let me walk out by signing a contract for a loan where they didn't verify my income or job. They did check my credit score though. ...... They would have their money today if they took my check, now they have to wait until I get to the Credit Union and mail the check. ...... Business, I just don't get it.

Joanne

Interesting; you would hope that the payment policy would be made clear before delivery. We paid for our Porsche last fall with a personal check (and trade) and there was no issue with the dealer although we had done business with them in the past. Conversely, we recently picked up a RAV4 , paid for it with a personal check +trade, and the dealer insisted we fill out a credit app even though this was going to be a cash deal.

We protested, got a spiel on the new regs in place since 9/11 to fight money laundering and other stuff-- with the final comment of "no app, no deal". If we hadn't have gotten a great deal and driven 100 miles to the dealer we'd have walked.

Having bought probably 5+ cars over the past 11 years using personal checks and trades, this was the first time I had heard of a credit app required to do a cash deal.

I did a little research on it and supposedly there are no banking rules for this kind of transaction that require a credit app and the consensus from other forums was this was just a way of letting the finance guy get a crack at us to sell all of the stuff they like to load up on new cars (tire warranty, special paint/carpet protector, etc..). The potential downside is that when they run a credit check from this app--SS# required--it may affect your credit score negatively a bit.
Anyway, I let the salesman know about this after the fact and suggested that before they put a credit app in front of a buyer that is doing a cash deal, they might want to supply a sheet of paper with the app--quoting line and verse of some federal reg--as to why it is required.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 01:54PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 5:38:44 pm
MikenOH
We paid for our Porsche last fall with a personal check (and trade) and there was no issue with the dealer although we had done business with them in the past. Conversely, we recently picked up a RAV4 , paid for it with a personal check +trade, and the dealer insisted we fill out a credit app even though this was going to be a cash deal.

We protested, got a spiel on the new regs in place since 9/11 to fight money laundering and other stuff-- with the final comment of "no app, no deal". If we hadn't have gotten a great deal and driven 100 miles to the dealer we'd have walked.

Having bought probably 5+ cars over the past 11 years using personal checks and trades, this was the first time I had heard of a credit app required to do a cash deal.

I did a little research on it and supposedly there are no banking rules for this kind of transaction that require a credit app and the consensus from other forums was this was just a way of letting the finance guy get a crack at us to sell all of the stuff they like to load up on new cars (tire warranty, special paint/carpet protector, etc..). The potential downside is that when they run a credit check from this app--SS# required--it may affect your credit score negatively a bit.
Anyway, I let the salesman know about this after the fact and suggested that before they put a credit app in front of a buyer that is doing a cash deal, they might want to supply a sheet of paper with the app--quoting line and verse of some federal reg--as to why it is required.

I was a banking attorney for many years and can assure you there is no such regulatoin unless you pay with greenbacks!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Last two cars I bought
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Monday, 26 August, 2013, at 1:48:40 pm
Out of state purchase brought bank check made out to the penny, no surprise purchase, no trade in, no dealer upsell.

Local purchase was local bank personal check for ~$20k difference between new car and trade in. Resisted upsell.

Both seemed reasonable.
m4240z - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 1:38:08 pm
Joanne in OC

Joanne

The rationale, I suspect is this. If you default on the loan, they come and take the car back (that's why they ask where it's stored), and since you've put $25k down on it, they call sell it for the value of the loan quite easily. On the other hand, if your check fails to clear, they don't have a right to take the car back -- they have to sue you for their money. I note that they gave you the car without the cashier's check, which means that the car, can be deemed theirs as you failed to pay for it.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Thursday, 22 August, 2013, at 5:34:45 pm
That is odd. My dealer let me write a check for the entire purchase price.

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Me too. *NM*
grant - Friday, 23 August, 2013, at 10:15:20 am
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login