Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Electric Steering and feedback
m4240z - Tuesday, 27 August, 2013, at 10:33:26 pm
I was at the dealer today, and the SA who is looking after the replacement of the fabric on my roof and I got into a conversation about the electrically assisted steering. He rather liked it, as it eliminated all the kicks and grabs from pavement buckles, but he felt it a bit numb as i do to some extent.

Interestingly, the GT3 has a feedback loop, where Porsche engineers have taken the steered wheels input and fed it back into the steering wheel through the servo. It's synthetic, but uber cool.

He thought this may be something that Porsche may put in as an option on lesser cars.

interesting....
Whwen i drove the new 991 on the track....
grant - Wednesday, 28 August, 2013, at 2:23:51 pm
The steering never called attention to itself in a bad way. My two cents is that since i never even thought about it, in someone else's fancy car, careening over curbs, it can't be that bad. because I am a bit of a chicken.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: Whwen i drove the new 991 on the track....
m4240z - Wednesday, 28 August, 2013, at 3:22:53 pm
grant
The steering never called attention to itself in a bad way. My two cents is that since i never even thought about it, in someone else's fancy car, careening over curbs, it can't be that bad. because I am a bit of a chicken.

Grant

I have to admit that I really didn't appreciate the difference until I drove the 981 and the 986 back to back, and took notice of it. My other car also has electric steering, but it's numb. It's all very subtle also, and it has to be on bad roads. On smooth pavement, the only difference I felt was that you don't get the additional torsional effort required in a descending radius turn.
but will inquire about software/mechanical mods at the next service.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login