Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Rubber care- Manual says no.
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S) - Wednesday, 11 September, 2013, at 9:53:49 am
Ok, neurosis...... I gotta see an analyst....

From the manual:

Door, roof, lid and window seals
Caution!
The lubricant coating on the inner door
seals, convertible top and hardtop seals may
be damaged by unsuitable cleaning and care
agents.
f Do not use any chemical cleaning agents or
solvents.
f Do not use any preservative agents.

Ok, so no Gummi Pfledge? What do you use on your door and trunk seals?

Peace
Bruce in Philly
I use Gummi Pfledge usually
Roger987 - Wednesday, 11 September, 2013, at 11:24:39 am
Unless I forget I have it (which happens) in which case I've use silicone spray - spray and wipe off excess. So far, so good.

I should mention that liquid Rust-check apparently did cause my door seals to permanently swell to the point where they hung out the bottom of the door. So, I've stopped using in on the PCar.
Re: I use Gummi Pfledge usually
db997S - Wednesday, 11 September, 2013, at 12:31:16 pm
So do I. You need it or else you'll get squeaks. Also, for long-term ownership, it helps keep these rubber seals from drying out. I'm sure it would be a costly replacement when you consider it could be avoidable with proper care.
the seals clean and waxed.

For those seals that are in contact with glass, like the top roof rail seals/weather stripping, I keep the glass clean.

I have a tube of Gummi-Pflege but have used it just once or twice in all these years. No need.
Twice a year for 6 years with GF
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Thursday, 12 September, 2013, at 2:05:16 pm
And it sat under a car cover during hibernation and in the garage when in use which was as much as possible. But that was a '01, no idea if the "rubber" is the same on newer cars. No damage, no squeaks, no problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login