Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
window tearing off
boxsterd - Monday, 23 September, 2013, at 4:26:52 pm
While cleaning the rear window this weekend, the plastic window started to tear off. See pic. I wasn't pressing particularly hard.
What do people think about getting it repaired? Cost?
I'm also considering replacing the top with the top with glass window from autotopsdirect.com
Anyone have any experience or comments regarding tops from autotopsdirect.com?

Thanks.
when the original window cracked. $600 but this was some years ago. I found a highly recommended auto upholstery shop that of course also came highly recommended for its soft top/rear window work.

The replacement tops with the glass do not interest me.
$600 for just a new plastic window sewn in seems like a lot, considering I can get a new top with glass rear window for that much, albeit installation is extra.
What do you have against replacement tops with the glass window?
boxsterd
$600 for just a new plastic window sewn in seems like a lot, considering I can get a new top with glass rear window for that much, albeit installation is extra.
What do you have against replacement tops with the glass window?

Also, I do not like the smaller glass rear window. This opinion is based on viewing one from the outside of the car not driving one, but I note the Boxster's view out is rather poor -- and is one reason why the 996 gets the call more and more as its view out it is much better -- and anything that makes it worse is going in the wrong direction.

Furthermore I do not like how the glass window interferes with putting the top in the service position. I prefer to help keep servicing costs down by avoiding doing anything to a car that causes the tech to have to take special consideration when servicing/working on my cars.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login