Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Another trip to NOTL area
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 29 September, 2013, at 8:26:43 pm
We took another trip down to the NOTL area yesterday. Mid 70's and sunshine. Doesn't get much better in a topless Boxster.

Mike Focke, you must live in a Boxster challenged area, 'cause they're all over the place in the Niagara area.

Spotted this one in Jordan. Yup same place as last week.

And spotted this one in Port Dalhousie. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2013 08:33PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Funny, I was there all weekend, and saw none....
m4240z - Sunday, 29 September, 2013, at 10:47:04 pm
not a one.....

I was actually looking out for them!
Re: Funny, I was there all weekend, and saw none....
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 29 September, 2013, at 11:31:23 pm
m4240z
not a one.....

I was actually looking out for them!

Took the first picture just after 3pm on Saturday in the parking lot between Main Street and 19th Street across from the shops. There was also a black 986 on the other side of the lot.

[maps.google.com]
I'm referring to 981s. *NM*
Laz - Monday, 30 September, 2013, at 5:25:24 pm
and have seen at least that many Lotuses. I do look forward to more beeping, flashing, and waving as more 981 type Boxsters and Caymans hit the road.
I've actually seen quite a few -- more than I would have expected frankly, but I suppose it depends largely on where you live.
I've only seen 1
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 1 October, 2013, at 9:47:47 am
Except when I go to PCA meetings. There were 4 there.

Even the touristy areas, haven't seen any and I've been looking.

During my purchase, I found out the dealer only had 4 on order, that really surprised me.

Joanne
I think it also depends on where you are
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 30 September, 2013, at 7:55:45 pm
If you are in a more touristy area, I think you're more likely to see one or more. Any time I head down to the Niagara area, I always see a number of Porsches. On a nice sunny day, people are more likely to take a drive to a place like that, than some more "common" (don't mean to make that sound negative in any way) area.

I saw my first 981 on the road last year around this time when we were on a drive to see the colours up around Georgian Bay.
Re: I think it also depends on where you are
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 30 September, 2013, at 8:28:30 pm
I suspect you see so many due to your in-car Porsche radar detector scope:

grinning smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
One of my favorite spots around the lower lakes..
MikenOH - Monday, 30 September, 2013, at 9:54:38 am
A great place to spend a a sunny fall afternoon with the top down; did you pick up any Ice Wine?

Your car looks spectacular in the setting; those wheels look really clean after a driving a while--not using your brakes much?winking smiley

Regarding seeing an other 981 on the road, I'm still surprised how few I see around NE Ohio; 2 total in the last year--1 at an auto-x and one on an interstate. I actually see more 991s...
No ice wine this time, but we do enjoy some for a treat from time to time.

I find the brake dust is MUCH less now, after the break-in period. Found that with previous cars (including my 987) too. Guess I'd rather go than stop. winking smiley I also find that on the road, I use my brakes a lot less than most drivers I see out there. I'm sure you've seen them - on the brakes every time there's a slight bend in the road, hit (or is that drag) the brakes 3 blocks before a red light and then there are the people that use their brakes instead of accelerator to maintain their speed on the highway. confused smiley

Maybe the 981's are just more popular up here or maybe they just pick the same spots to drive that we do. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login