Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
question on CPO warranties
MikenOH - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 9:26:36 am
A good friend is in the process of getting a 2013 BS that was driven by a PCNA exec; the car comes with a 6 year/100k warranty.

Regarding the warranty, does the full term of this--6 years/100k-- start with the new purchaser (since the car wasn't sold to a dealer) or might it have already started?
Re: question on CPO warranties
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 10:27:34 am
MikenOH
A good friend is in the process of getting a 2013 BS that was driven by a PCNA exec; the car comes with a 6 year/100k warranty.

Regarding the warranty, does the full term of this--6 years/100k-- start with the new purchaser (since the car wasn't sold to a dealer) or might it have already started?

You might have to get this one clarified (in writing) by the seller (dealer/exec?). I believe the warranty starts as of the "in service" date which I imagine would be when the PCNA exec put the car on the road. I also believe the execs only drive the car for 6 months before the car is sold. Must be rough getting a new Porsche every 6 months.

I base the 6 month time on a conversation I had with a 981 owner with whom I spoke. Asked her how long she'd had the car. She told me about 4 months and continued to tell me she gets a new Porsche every 6 months because her husband works for Porsche Canada.
That's what I thought
MikenOH - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 10:45:38 am
but he was advised that he'll get the full deal.

In my next life I hope I come back as a Porsche employee if only for those perks; better yet, a spouse of a Porsche employee..smiling smiley
I play golf with an ex-BMW exec
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 1:16:21 pm
who is now retired. Gets a new BMW every 6 months. Insurance included. Generally a 3 series, I think he just goes and picks one up from the factory lot.

Odd thing is he can't get an electronic pass through the gates to the neighborhood because he doesn't own it.

Oh the suffering.
CPO warranty started just two days (on the 21st of June) after I bought the car and run until June 21 2011. So I got the "full" two year warranty period. But that 6 year thing might start counting from when the car was initially sold. So you need to get this clarified so there's no misunderstanding.
Moving up in the world....thumbs up *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 12:06:28 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
front, middle or back....they're all great.
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 16 October, 2013, at 4:17:28 pm
Looking 'back" winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I sure hope not grinning smiley

Gary in SoFL
I sure hope not grinning smiley

Guess you just always like to leave room for improvement. winking smiley
I think nearly 6"
grant - Friday, 18 October, 2013, at 8:24:19 am
and if you look at the proportions (rear wheel placement) you can see it.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login