Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Ferrari rip off....
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S) - Saturday, 9 November, 2013, at 1:37:00 pm
I am no fan of the brand having seen my buddy go through three of them and spend stupid amounts on everything..... as everything would break. To me, Ferrari is a lie.

Ok, now for my quick story. I was at a repair shop Friday who specialize in Ferrari among other super cars and high-end aluminum brands and they were working on... I forget what model ... Ferrari. The owner wanted the clear Lexan engine cover replaced because it was scratched or hazed or whatever not-perfect state it was in. The shop owner showed me the replacement part and even he, who was used to stupid Ferrari prices, was shocked. The Lexan cover had some shaped louvers in them. Do you know what his cost was?????? $28,000.00. No sh$t.

Of course I made a comment that you could have it formed from a blank, and while he quickly agreed, he said the owner wanted a genuine Ferrari part.

Look, I don't care how wealthy you are, do you like being ripped off? This is simple thievery. I told the story here a few years ago when my buddy took his F355 in for something "minor" and walked out with a $15,000 bill because they found a ton wrong with the car including leaking injectors and bad pumps. They car had only like 22,000 miles on it. The mechanic showed me a 6" piece of what appeared to be neoprene hose that they charged $150 for. I made a comment that I could buy a 1000 foot spool of it for that amount. "Ah but it doesn't have the prancing horse on it now does it." was his response.

Ok, talk among yourselves.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
plexus to the rescue? *NM*
grant - Saturday, 9 November, 2013, at 2:38:06 pm
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: Ferrari rip off....
Guenter in Ontario - Saturday, 9 November, 2013, at 5:46:15 pm
[Yup. $28,000 for a Lexan engine cover does seem pretty steep, specially when you can get a whole set of four optional mag wheels on a 918 Spyder for a mere $32,500.

It all comes down to what people are willing to pay for an item and a company that's willing to produce and sell it.

As far as Ferrari reliability. It certainly doesn't have the reputation that Porsche does. A neighbour's brother services cars for some of the Blue Jay players. He says the Ferraris are in frequently to get this and that repaired. He seldomly sees the Porsches except for routine maintenance.
Re: Ferrari rip off....
San Rensho - Saturday, 9 November, 2013, at 11:46:20 pm
It's not a rip off if you pay it willingly. If you are worth 50 million, 28 k is chump change, and many rich guys like to brag that they had to drop a big number on something stupid. I wouldn't feel to sorry for them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login