Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Something for you 981 owners to monitor:
Laz - Friday, 20 December, 2013, at 5:37:38 pm
While driving to the dealer for service, I tried the headlight washers, (yes the headlights were on) and although the pump made its usual double noise, no fluid came out. It had me wondering a) the headlight washers don't deploy below a certain temperature - not logical; b) as it happened at least once with the 986, the nozzles were frozen in their down position; c) below a certain fluid level, the windshield nozzles are prioritized and only they work; d) a leak or something. Turns out the fluid tube that goes to the headlights runs very close to the driver's side front hood hinge and apparently wore through. The dealer put some sort of sealer very deftly around the offending section, and ordered a replacement tube. The patch is holding nicely. My suggestion is two-fold: 1) keep an eye on it for signs of wear; 2) wrap a bit of plastic electrical tape around it to act as a buffer and sacrificial part. I don't think there's a practical way of adjusting the tube's position. Oh, one other possibility is that the tube fatigued at that point, but I don't think it's subject to movement on its own.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login