Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
TIRE ADVICE REQUEST
Andy from Newport - Monday, 6 January, 2014, at 10:49:36 pm
Hi Guys,

I need to replace the tires on my 2008 Boxster S. I've narrowed down to two tires, a Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 (the Porsche "n" rated tire) and a Pilot Super Sport Max. The latter tire is not "n" rated but appears to be a superior tire from a customer ratings standpoint on Tirerack.com. The car is used exclusively for spirited driving on back country roads in dry conditions. No track use.

How important is the "n" rating? The dealer says its really important because of the sidewall specs. Handling and fun driving is the key spec from my standpoint as a user.

All input most appreciated.

Andy
Re: TIRE ADVICE REQUEST
TomBrand - Monday, 6 January, 2014, at 11:30:52 pm
I have had the Super Sports on my 2003 S since they came out. Great tire and better handling than the Pilot Sportsthumbs up.
Re: This thread, from a couple days ago, will help
Andy from Newport - Tuesday, 7 January, 2014, at 10:14:58 pm
Thanks guys, this has been a huge help. I really appreciate it.

Andy
Let's avoid the N-banter and get to tires
grant - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 11:12:33 am
PS2s: more predictable behaviour, $$$$

SS: better wear, less $$$, higher grip, slightly less predictable at the very edge (mostly audible issues)

All the best people want M rated tires now :-) M> N

Grant

ps: consider the BFG g-force sport comp 2 - cheaper than either, longer lasting than either, and s mighty fine tire. Ran them on my Audi at Pocono and VIR; have them on my street boxster. BFG is michelin

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Tryin' to get down to the Heart of the Matter...
Roger987 - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 1:33:00 pm
One of my favourite Henley songs.

[www.youtube.com]
It is ALL about forgiveness....
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 4:24:42 pm
N rating or not winking smiley .....before it's too late.

Don't know if Don is a better writer or singer....The Eagles are amazing!

Desperado.....for all you Porsche drivers

Who want something better than the purr of an engine, even a fine engine smileys with beer

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2014 04:35PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Re: It is ALL about forgiveness....
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014, at 11:35:20 pm
Gary in SoFL
Desperado.....for all you Porsche drivers who want something better than the purr of an engine, even a fine engine smileys with beer

You haven't traded cars again, have you Gary? "Purr of an engine" sounds so Cameryish. Coming of age, I suppose.

While I love The Eagles when it comes to music, when it comes to engines, I prefer the roar and energy of the Symphony in Flat Six.
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 9 January, 2014, at 10:49:59 am
Guenter in Ontario
Gary in SoFL
Desperado.....for all you Porsche drivers who want something better than the purr of an engine, even a fine engine smileys with beer

You haven't traded cars again, have you Gary? "Purr of an engine" sounds so Cameryish. Coming of age, I suppose.

While I love The Eagles when it comes to music, when it comes to engines, I prefer the roar and energy of the Symphony in Flat Six.

You really need to expand your horizons, or risk the danger of becoming a 'one-trick-pony', if it hasn't happened already. drinking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 9 January, 2014, at 8:08:28 pm
If you're referring to my enjoyment of the Symphony in flat Six as being a "one-trick-pony", I'll happily accept that title in that category. And, it will stay that way until someone comes along with something better. cool smiley
If that's all it takes to make you happy....cool
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 10 January, 2014, at 10:42:58 am

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login