Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I wish he would get off the fence and tell us if he liked it or not. winking smiley

So did the drool wreck your keyboard while you were watching this? It looks and sounds like a dream car for the track junkies who enjoy the whole involvement of driving.

One thing that REALLY caught my eye in this video is that shifter. I wonder if that short shift will be available as an option / after market kit for the 981. That would make a certain GT Silver 981 S 99% perfect for the guy that owns it.
Lots of nice bespoke parts on that car. I bet Brad at Porsche of London could figure out what bits to order to retrofit the short shifter to your S.
Guenter in Ontario

One thing that REALLY caught my eye in this video is that shifter. I wonder if that short shift will be available as an option / after market kit for the 981.

Why would they do that???

While I doubt it, if Porsche does per chance one day offer it as a 981 kit, I suspect the price will offend your notoriously conservative spending style.cool smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
What are the odds that they'll make a Boxster version? My guess is no (unfortunately sad smiley )

Ed

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Ed from Long Island
What are the odds that they'll make a Boxster version? My guess is no (unfortunately sad smiley )

Ed

I'd say odds are pretty good. This one had a manual. Not sure what power plant will be in the final version.

One thing to remember is that the Cayman GT4 is track oriented. There are no convertible GT3's or GT3 RS's. I have a feeling that the Boxster Spyder (which this article suggests it will be called) will be more oriented toward road use and as a result might not be as hard core as the Cayman GT4.

[www.carscoops.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login