Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Quant "unvailed" two cars with impressive (read: unbelievable) claims. They run on electricity generated from an electrolyte solution (a "NanoFlowcell"), which is refilled like regular gasoline. They say existing gas pumps can be retrofitted to deliver their solution. The car takes 66 gallons (!) of gas, hence its heavy weight.

Quant F:
Power: 912 hp
Torque: 2138 ft-lb per wheel!
0-62 mph: 2.8 sec
Range: 500 miles
Top speed: 186 mph
All-wheel drive
5,017 lbs curb weight (ugh)

Source: [nanoflowcell.com]

Let's see a real car, guys.
Boxsterra
Quant "unvailed" two cars with impressive (read: unbelievable) claims. They run on electricity generated from an electrolyte solution (a "NanoFlowcell"), which is refilled like regular gasoline. They say existing gas pumps can be retrofitted to deliver their solution. The car takes 66 gallons (!) of gas, hence its heavy weight.

Quant F:
Power: 912 hp
Torque: 2138 ft-lb per wheel!
0-62 mph: 2.8 sec
Range: 500 miles
Top speed: 186 mph
All-wheel drive
5,017 lbs curb weight (ugh)

Source: [nanoflowcell.com]

Let's see a real car, guys.

There are actually two 250 liter tanks = 132 gallons!!!!!!!!!!! of ionic liquid eye popping smiley to give an 800 mile range. I wonder how much a gallon of ionic liquid will cost.

I wonder if that 0 - 62 mph time is with a full tank or one that's almost empty.

Maybe the salt water puddles we have here right now could be used as ionic liquid in a pinch. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 10:23AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
It should be able to accelerate that fast with a full tank.

BTW, I think it's 800 km, not 800 mi.
Boxsterra
It should be able to accelerate that fast with a full tank.

BTW, I think it's 800 km, not 800 mi.

You're right about the 800 km which would be 500 mi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login