Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I swapped caps. The new cap is definitely tight on the tube with no vertical play.

Hopefully I will not see the CEL with the P1128 error code again.

I would like to report the engine gained a bit of performance boost -- measured by my -- pardon the expression -- butt dyno -- with the cap replacement. Far-fetched I know but I calls 'em like I feels 'em. Seriously, even though the CEL remained dark and the engine ran ok with the old cap after I pushed it down to eliminate the small intake leak the engine seems to have a bit more power down lower in the RPM band after the cap swap.

Even if it is my imagination I'll take what I can get at this stage of ownership.

The cap has not received that much use. Just being removed and installed again every 5K miles during an oil change and once between oil changes when I have to add oil. My WAG is the o-ring suffers some shrinkage over the years and the cap gets just a bit loose. My point is if one's cap is a few years old checking this with the engine warmed up and at idle to see if any wiggling of the cap can affect engine behavior might find the oil filler tube cap the source of an intake leak. Not a severe one -- though severe enough if it triggers a CEL and error code -- but a leak nonetheless but one easy enough to address.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login