Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Hi Guys, I'm still having a problem with the C3 fuse blowing but I traced it to the top micro switch. It doesn't blow the fuse until it gets to the second click on the micro switch and then it blows the fuse. I know it must be a short somewhere, I checked the connector but it seems okay but who knows. Any troubleshooting ideas are appreciated or where to start looking.
Thanks,
Joe
Is this a 911?
Boxsterra - 8 years ago
According to my diagram fuse C3 is responsible for 4 things:
- Central Locking / Alarm
- Convertible Top (911)
- Inside lights
- Power Windows

If it's not a 911 then the problem is likely in one of those other areas. I would start by trying to operate those other things and see if you can get the fuse to blow. Given that the inside lights are near two of the convertible top microswitches that sounds like a good place to start.
Re: Is this a 911?
joecal - 8 years ago
Thanks for the advice Boxsterra, it's a 99 Boxster, sorry I should have mentioned that, I found the problem, it was my fault. I replaced the drivers side sun visor because it was floppy with a good used one. I pinched the wiring behind it when installing the used one and that created a short to the microswitch for the convertible top. I'm glad I thought to finally look there because the wiring runs behind it and I thought let me just take a look and sure enough that was the problem. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, this has been driving me nuts for the last few weeks. It didn't happen right away either it was a few days after I installed it, so I had no idea what the problem was.
Joe
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2015 09:32AM by joecal. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login