Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
So, as a follow up to my screw my tire adventure, I thought I'd share a bit about the Fun Run itself.

The Fun Run started in Bracebridge Ontario - about a 2 1/2 hour drive for us to get to the starting point. So we got off to a crack of dawn start.

After meeting and picking up a hot java at Tim's to keep us warm (It was a refreshing 45 F when we started out), we started on some great driving roads. The Fall colours are a week or so later than usual, so it was more greens than colour, but we did manage to see some.

After staying over in the evening. Next morning some of us went out for another drive and had breakfast at the historic Winermere House.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2015 07:57PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
... thanks for sharing.
Why don't you pack a tire plugging kit and a mini 12 VDC air compressor?
I have one in my car and it's been able to save 3 or 4 other people I've encountered with a flat.
You know that if you carry the kit you'll never need it.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
[www.walmart.com]

or a regular sealant like Slime?

Are these plugs meant to be permanent or just good enough to get you to a tire shop?
... What I was referring to.
Slime should not be used. It'll cost a pretty penny to clean.
Those tire-plugging kits make permanent fixes and in most cases you can plug it without removing the tire from the car.
The cords, made of Kevlar or other ballistic material is inserted half way in and half way out with rubber cement.
Once you start rolling, centrifugal force turns the inside part of the cord into a mushroom head that bonds itself to the tire just like an inside patch while also plugging the hole itself.
You also need to have a small air compressor to refill once fixed.
Here's a little more info: [pedrosgarage.com]
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Exactly...
MikenOH - 8 years ago
Thanks; since I dropped the RFTs on a BMW recently, I've been looking for an alternative to the Slime but wasn't sure what was out there.
The "DynaPlug" mentioned by another poster also looks interesting.
Windermere House was originally built in 1870 and became a holiday resort. In 1996, it burned down during the filming of A Long Kiss Goodnight with Samuel L Jackson and Geena Davis. It was rebuilt in 1997 as close to the original as possible.
Great photos, highlighting a wonderful weekend.

There are few things better in life than a day exploring the back roads with friends, in sports cars almost too much fun to be legal. There is no substitute.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login