Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
My wife and I returned today from our vacation in Morocco. We arrived there on 9/29 and rented a car. We crashed that night in an airbnb apt in Casablanca. We drove the next day to Fes stopping in Rabat & Meknes. In Fes we stayed 3 nights in a fantastic restored house in the Medina (old town). We then drove all day from Fes to Marakesh through the Atlas Mountains where we also spent 3 nights in a Medina house (All our stays were at airbnb rentals). These Medinas are labyrinths you can't drive into. What saved us getting around in Morocco driving or walking through the maze of the old town was the free Navmii GPS app on my phone. After Marakesh we went back to Casablanca (for the entire Morocco trip I think we drove about 1000 miles). To wrap it up we had dinner at Rick's Cafe modeled after Rick's Cafe in the 1943 Humphrey Bogart movie Casablanca.

I was driving a tiny Honda hatchback where two carry ons would not fit easily in the back. Driving in the cities there is challenging and Casablanca is the worst. Especially in the roundabouts. They drive aggressively, it is often game of chicken where they stick the nose of there car out in front of you and if you flinch or slow down they floor it. You just need to keep your foot on the gas and hold your breath. I have driven in Paris a long time ago and I am sure the French colonists taught the Moroccans how to drive.

Today I got back in my Boxster and driving it was like returning to heaven after driving the Honda.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login