Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
At home I've been searching images, but now not sure exactly what hue it was, whether toward blue or green. Currently there's no specific color offered by the factory that's close, so it must've been a "paint to sample" car. Closest found on the net are Minerva Blue (although most of the images seem render it too saturated/dark,) and Ocean Jade Metallic, although that could be too much toward green. The values of the paint in the images are about right. Respectively here are examples:
[usercontent1.hubimg.com]
[www.cvluxurycars.com]
The second one sure is purdy.

Rhodium Silver can have a distinctly blueish tint.

[gtcarlot.com]
to pick up a 2016 calendar. I'll look for Rhodium, but I don't think it's saturated enough.
..available on the special PCA anniversary Carrera. I wonder if the owner of the car you spotted was trying to achieve the look of one of these colors via the 'paint to sample' route.

Ice Blue

Azzuro California Blue

Regards, -rick.
This is the closest:
Laz - 8 years ago
Lagoon Green, but subject to change should I see the car again. By the way, I was at a full stop as it was coming from the left along a straight, not at all busy main road. Unfortunately, even waving with my arm out didn't garner a response from the driver. How times have changed since I had a 912!
[www.rennsportmotors.com]
Laz
Lagoon Green, but subject to change should I see the car again. By the way, I was at a full stop as it was coming from the left along a straight, not at all busy main road. Unfortunately, even waving with my arm out didn't garner a response from the driver. How times have changed since I had a 912!

Colours are hard to match from memory and screen and they change so much with lighting conditions.

Re the driver acknowledgement. Back in the day of the 912, there were a lot fewer Porsches, which probably let to a greater sense of "community" and camaraderie. From those who are buying the badge, you're not likely going to get a response. From those who are buying the car, it's more likely, as long as they're not busy texting or distracted in some other way.

Let's face it, if a driver requires "collision avoidance" system to warn of a truck in front of them, what are the chances they'll see you wave your hand?
No it's not. What you are looking for is Safire Blue that I have on my new car. I don't know how to post a picture so I can' show it to you.
ff42racer
No it's not. What you are looking for is Safire Blue that I have on my new car. I don't know how to post a picture so I can' show it to you.

A lot depends on the lighting. Sapphire Blue can go from fairly light to pretty dark as you can see in this picture. It's a beautiful colour, but it doesn't look like the one that Laz posted.

Check near the top left of the Main Forum page for instructions.

Here's the link.

[pedrosboard.com]
Re: trial run
ff42racer - 8 years ago
Oh by the way I can't spell either.

Checked other SBM images, and my memory imprecision has mostly to do with the exact hue, not value or saturation. Also, I've seen SBM more than once "in the flesh." There's a slim chance the car will appear again and I hope to take a better mental picture then. Thanks for the effort anyway!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login