Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hello all. Long time, no post. I have still remained a long time lurker. During my spring time prep I noticed some chaffing on these two hoses (cables). I have no idea what these are and none of my manuals reference them. Can you help identify their purpose? The chaffing is in several places where the make contact with metal brackets and such.

[ibb.co]

I need help getting pics to post, but this link seems to work.

[edited by frogster to include the inline image for your viewing convenience smiling smiley ]

Current Love: 2008 RS60; 1st Love: 2001 base, triple black

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2020 01:14PM by frogster. (view changes)
Those are not hoses. They are the transmission cables.
They have a foam type covering to protect them from chafing.
They look fine.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2020 04:29PM by Pedro (Odessa, FL). (view changes)
Thank you, Pedro. I could feel the hard cable inside and I assumed they were not hoses but I didn't know how else to describe them. There is some wear where they touch that sensor bracket but not too deep. I will consider my spring service complete, close the engine bay and get her back on the road. Winters are tough but it's like getting a new car every spring!

Current Love: 2008 RS60; 1st Love: 2001 base, triple black
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login