Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Well, the two main things things that came to mind as I was finishing reading the article:
  1. Now I know why almost all the dream cars come with automatics only. Thank you Porsche for running counter to that and believing that, old or not, some of us who can afford one, still appreciate and are able to shift for ourselves.
  2. To live in the past and what "might have been" robs you of the enjoyment of what you have and are able to do right now. After all, today could be the best day of the rest of your life. Appreciate and make the most of it.
You gotta keep some of the fun stuff for us old geezers. The youth already has, well, their youth. The heck with them. But, that said, I got married out of college (still married), so my chasing days have been over for many, many decades, now.
db997S
You gotta keep some of the fun stuff for us old geezers. The youth already has, well, their youth. The heck with them. But, that said, I got married out of college (still married), so my chasing days have been over for many, many decades, now.

If you stop chasing, you might as well give up and quit. Of course, there's always something to chase.
  • that drive on a sunny day
  • that next twisty road
  • the satisfaction of a perfectly executed downshift and power out of a turn
  • enjoying the Symphony in Flat Six as you're dancing through the twisties
  • and if you get to do it with someone special no matter how long you've know or be with them
  • the parmagrin you get when all this comes together
Life is good when you have the opportunity to chase all of that.
I've owned and cherished Porsche works of art for almost 40 years, and they bring joy to me, and to many, in lots of ways. However, as most everyone realizes, there is just so much more to a purpose drive life, at least in my opinion.

I highly recommend this outstanding book: A MEANINGFUL LIFE and PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE.

smileys with beer

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2015 10:42AM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Gary in SoFL
I've owned and cherished Porsche works of art for almost 40 years, and they bring joy to me, and to many, in lots of ways. However, as most everyone realizes, there is just so much more to a purpose drive life, at least in my opinion.

smileys with beer

You absolutely correct, Gary, and I would hope that everyone knows that. The purpose of my post wasn't to write a book, however. I was just relating to the topic of the article and what db997S had written.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
thumbs up smileys with beer *NM*
Gary in SoFL - 8 years ago
I meant chasing women. The author of the article made it seem the main benny of owning "exotic" cars is to get women. I do agree, chasing is never over in terms of non-sexual things. Too many "Boxster" roads out there to conquer.
A HECK OF A PORSCHE RIDE smileys with beer

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
24hours....
Burg Boxster - 8 years ago
Yeah, I'd say each needs to ripen until at least next year's 24hours... lest you're trying to earn a Satch Carlson-esque reputation.

What happened to chase 'em 'til she catches ya motto winking smiley
Lucky enough to have had 5 sportscars. 3 red ones before marriage at 30. 2 AS ones after kids were off the payroll.

The three of my youth were stick. No traffic.

The last 2 were TIPs. The city had grown by 400% and traffic was a horror. Also, I think I was driving a bit saner, judging from the total lack of traffic tickets.

I drove the Boxsters as DDs through twisties, major traffic, stop and go crawl, etc. About 80-90% of the year I was commuting at rush hour in a Boxster, 10-20% in a SUV.

Had the traffic been the same as when I was younger, I'd have gone for the stick. But conditions had changed. And I had too.

To each his own in his own time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login