Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
"Over dinner on the Porsche Taycan launch event, Lutz Meschke, deputy chairman of the board, dropped the mother of all hints that the next generation Cayman and Boxster will become pure-electric sports cars."

[www.topgear.com]

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
There is not enough space in Boxster/Cayman for hybrid technology. The 911 will more than likely go hybrid. So, the Boxster/Cayman may either go pure electric or stay combustion with Porsche creating a separate line of pure electric vehicles--sport, sedan and SUV. Tesla is launching a roadster. If Porsche is to compete with electric, then they'll have to offer all lines in pure electric mode at some point. Maybe existing model lines or creating separate, stand alone, like the Taycan.
... a mandate from early 2018.
Here's an Article I wrote in April of last year.
[pedrosgarage.com]
It already states that only fully electric and GT cars will make up the Porsche sports car lineup.
And that's when I believe that Porsche jumped the 928!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
while you still can...

[tinyurl.com]
old timer
while you still can...

[tinyurl.com]

993, THE most beautiful "911" ever. i lust over that car.

--
i just thought of something else.
if the boxster goes electric, it can't be called a BOXster since the name is a portmanteau of boxer and roadster.
so will it be called a electster? rotster (rotor)? wattster?
c'mon, let's give porsche a hand and think up some good names. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

--
Hyundai already has the Volster. They are on animal names now--Macun and Taycan. So, they'd give it a completely different, weird sounding animal name that plays well in the Asian markets.
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sparky?? *NM*
Gary in SoFL - 4 years ago
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login