Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I'm replacing the coolant reservoir on my '01 986S due to the typical age-related cracking. I've read Pedros FAQ and watched a number of YouTube videos (some better than others). Aside from purchasing the spring-clamp cable tool (done!), looking for guidance / experience on how many of the five tubes need to be removed from the *engine compartment* side, vs those that can be removed from the *trunk* side? Pedros FAQ seems to indicate most/all can be done from the 'trunk' side but most of the videos I've seen show ppl focusing/struggling on engine compartment. Any pointers appreciated!

- JohnL
Boston
01 986S - 20th Anniversary!
I found having two people with the extended hose clamp pliers to be critical.
Upon replacement, I used standard jubilee clamps rather than the spring loaded ones. I found them much easier to control.

I think I got to almost all of the hoses from the engine compartment not the trunk.

I found it WAY easier to get in by removing the aluminum cross-brace on the passenger side. Even then, this was a terrible bear of a job. It took several hours and many curses.
Pics
Boxsterra - 2 years ago
[www.pelicanparts.com]

Also, hose removal hooks are indispensable in a job like this. Just make sure not to poke it through the hose.
Yeah… horrible job. I got the extended hose clamp tool. lots of patience necessary… got it done tho so hopefully never again, if the tanks last 20 years…
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login