Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
So, I have a 2003 Boxster S. I had it in the garage for a while, with a slow charge on it, as I hadn't driven it in a while. Well, should have checked it first, but didn't, so I took the charger off, closed the hood, and jumped in, but there was NOTHING - to lights, no radio, no anything. So, I know about the 'plug' that pops out of the fuse box, so you can put a charge to it, and open back up your hood. So, tried that, but nothing. Won't do anything at all. I have absolutely no power at all. I would think, even if the battery was completely discharged, that hooking up the charger to the fusebox option would at least get the hood to release. So, based on that, I think there is something else electrical going on. I will probably have it towed to the shop, but thought I would check here to see if anybody else has experienced anything like this, and if they had any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
jiggle, play. It has so many manifestations it can be frustrating.

Could the charger have failed and the battery be "beyond dead"?

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
... the battery is toast ... or disconnected.
Find the emergency cable to open the hood.
[pedrosgarage.com]
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro,

Thanks for the response. You are right. The weird thing is, I think what was really toast was my charger, since I charged it for a while. The battery was less than 2 years old, so I took it back, and they ran a 2-day slow charge on it, and it seems to be holding fine, but will keep an eye on it. I just thought, if the charger was on it (it did spark), that would be enough to turn some lights on or something. Anyway, I meant to respond earlier, but the battery was definitely done at that point.

Thank you.
Mark

PS. I saw you on the Real Estate commercial and that reminded me - hey, I need to update Pedro's board! smiling smiley
always start with the simple!

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login